[SOLVED] Bios update for B550 Aorus Elite /w Ryzen 5 3600x?

ShortTerm

Prominent
Dec 24, 2019
Currently i'm running the F2 version of bios but i'm noticing 4 more current updates available, including one that might be necessary to use the resizable bar in Precision X1.

If I check the gigabyte compatibility list it suggests using F1 with this board, but it came with F2 already flashed onto it, so its hard to gauge where to go.

Am I perfectly fine not messing with a BIOS update, or is flashing to a newer improved BIOS worth the change?

Last edited:
Solution
Currently i'm running the F2 version of bios but i'm noticing 4 more current updates available, including one that might be necessary to use the resizable bar in Precision X1.

If I check the gigabyte compatibility list it suggests using F1 with this board, but it came with F2 already flashed onto it, so its hard to gauge where to go.

Am I perfectly fine not messing with a BIOS update, or is flashing to a newer improved BIOS worth the change?
The support page -- https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-cpu doesn't "recommend" version F1. That is the MINIMUM version required for that CPU.
I don't see any limitations on the BIOS versions that would prevent you from updating. BUT, I...

kanewolf

Titan

The support page -- https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/B550-AORUS-ELITE-rev-10/support#support-cpu doesn't "recommend" version F1. That is the MINIMUM version required for that CPU.
I don't see any limitations on the BIOS versions that would prevent you from updating. BUT, I would also recommend if your PC is stable and performing as expected, DON'T UPDATE "just because it is there".

Solution

TRENDING THREADS