Question Bios update for Lenovo H430 i3 and graphics card issues?

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
I planned on using an old Lenovo H430 core i3 PC as a testing machine mainly as it has enough space to accommodate a longer GPU. I have been trying to test a GTX 1060 3gb GPU, but when I start up the PC the Lenovo banner screen freezes up, and about every 10-15 seconds (approximately) I hear a single beep. Eventually after about 1-2 minutes (guesstamation) the screen goes black and there are a few beeps and then nothing. I apologize I don't remember exactly how many beeps or pattern.

I did some research and found someone with a similar problem, and updating the BIOS solved it apparently. The issue is that I am running Windows 7 ultimate 64 bit, and from what others are saying and also the Lenovo website that the BIOS update is only for 7 (32) bit.

Any other suggestions. I also found that the beep pattern could be ram so I'll try removing one stick at a time, but I have a feeling that is not it.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Lenovo H430 core i3 PC........ I have been trying to test a GTX 1060 3gb GPU, but when I start up the PC the Lenovo banner screen freezes up
I got busy whey you asked about this in your other post.

I have in my parts stack a Lenovo H520 with a G 2030 CPU so kind of same family of PC you have and on my parts GPU shelf a Nvidia 1060 3 GB card like you. Tested for you and it boots right up. But keep in mind you have a H430 and mine is a H520.

I went to buy 8 high end computers and the seller only had 7 of what I drove to buy. So he took $300. off the deal and I got the Lenova H520 a Dell XPS 9100 and a mini Asus PC to complete the deal. I went for 8 ended up with 10 and got to save $300. as well.

If not for this deal I would not be able to have given you a hands on reply.

silversmithy

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2012
I got busy whey you asked about this in your other post.

I have in my parts stack a Lenovo H520 with a G 2030 CPU so kind of same family of PC you have and on my parts GPU shelf a Nvidia 1060 3 GB card like you. Tested for you and it boots right up. But keep in mind you have a H430 and mine is a H520.

I went to buy 8 high end computers and the seller only had 7 of what I drove to buy. So he took $300. off the deal and I got the Lenova H520 a Dell XPS 9100 and a mini Asus PC to complete the deal. I went for 8 ended up with 10 and got to save $300. as well.

If not for this deal I would not be able to have given you a hands on reply.
Nice line up of computers you got!!! Glad the 1060 worked. Do you have any idea why mine is not working, unless it's just a bad GPU? The issue is most of my computers are old, and most don't have enough room for a longer GPU. I do have one PC in a large cooler master case with an old Nforce 680i lt sli Mobo. I had a gt 1030 working in that case before no issue. I upgraded to a 980ti but one of the chips, (I think Voltage regulator) actually caught fire. Anyway I appreciate your help.