[SOLVED] bios update for new cpu?

May 24, 2019
I recently updated my cpu mother board and ram from old gen stuff and I've installed everything correctly (believe me, i'm 100% sure) and I really don't think I have faulty parts. The new board and cpu are the MSI z390 a pro and the i7 9700k. The board lights up with the ez debug led on the cpu light and it wont turn off but the eps cord is fine and I've reseated everything. Do I need to do a bios update to support this processor. Please help, thanks.

Solution
You shouldn't.

Take out 1 stick of RAM at a time and see if you can get it to boot. Also be sure the CPU power and 24 pin connectors are firmly pressed in.
I recently updated my cpu mother board and ram from old gen stuff and I've installed everything correctly (believe me, i'm 100% sure) and I really don't think I have faulty parts. The new board and cpu are the MSI z390 a pro and the i7 9700k. The board lights up with the ez debug led on the cpu light and it wont turn off but the eps cord is fine and I've reseated everything. Do I need to do a bios update to support this processor. Please help, thanks.
Is your RAM model and revision/version in the QVL memory compatibility list of your motherboard?

TRENDING THREADS