[SOLVED] Bios update for Ryzen 1500x to 3600x

Aug 18, 2019
Hello, I currently have a Ryzen 1500x and was wondering if I need to update my bios when upgrading to the 3600x? I have tried updating the bios but even when downloading the correct file from the manufacturer website, I get an error message either saying “the file selected is not a uefi bios!” Or “the file is not a proper bios”. I have tried different versions as well but message still appears. I have a Prime B350m-a mobo, thanks.

Solution
You could try updating 1 BIOS version at a time.
Start with the next newest version from your current version and then then the next and so on until you can flash version 5204.

RealBeast

Titan
Hello, I currently have a Ryzen 1500x and was wondering if I need to update my bios when upgrading to the 3600x? I have tried updating the bios but even when downloading the correct file from the manufacturer website, I get an error message either saying “the file selected is not a uefi bios!” Or “the file is not a proper bios”. I have tried different versions as well but message still appears. I have a Prime B350m-a mobo, thanks.
Yes, you will want the latest bios version from HERE to run the 3600X. The original 0405 bios will not work for the later CPUs. There are several later bios version that will work -- anything 4801 or higher. Perhaps you should try to update to the 4801 to support the 3600X and then you can update to the latest after the new CPU.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Did you right click on the .zip file and choose Properties and click on the Unblock box and then the Appy button ?
If not do that, then unzip the BIOS to a USB stick formatted to FAT32 and use EZ Flash (in the BIOS) to choose that new BIOS file (Version 5204 ) and flash it.
Version 5204
2019/08/07 10.18 MBytes
PRIME B350M-A BIOS 5204
Update AGESA 1.0.0.3 Patch AB to improve compatibility;
Recommend updating the BIOS via EZ Flash.

Aug 18, 2019
Yes, you will want the latest bios version from HERE to run the 3600X. The original 0405 bios will not work for the later CPUs. There are several later bios version that will work -- anything 4801 or higher. Perhaps you should try to update to the 4801 to support the 3600X and then you can update to the latest after the new CPU.
Thank you, do you know why I would b
Did you right click on the .zip file and choose Properties and click on the Unblock box and then the Appy button ?
If not do that, then unzip the BIOS to a USB stick formatted to FAT32 and use EZ Flash (in the BIOS) to choose that new BIOS file (Version 5204 ) and flash it.
Version 5204
2019/08/07 10.18 MBytes
PRIME B350M-A BIOS 5204
Update AGESA 1.0.0.3 Patch AB to improve compatibility;
Recommend updating the BIOS via EZ Flash.
Thanks, I did what you said by checking the unblocked box but I am still getting “selected file is not a uefi bios!” The usb is formatted to FAT32, any ideas on why it’s still getting an error?

Aug 18, 2019