Question BIOS update for SONY SVP13229PGB ?

rampagingrabbit

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2013
I have an old SONY SVP1322PGB laptop and the original M.2 SSD has failed. I am attempting to replace it with a new M.2 SSD but the BIOS does not recognize the new drive. It does recognize the old drive however.

If I boot from a USB Windows10 install device, I can see and partition the new drive and am able to start the Windows 10 install process. Of course after the initial reboot the new drive cannot boot because the BIOS does not recognize it.

So I am hoping that there is a later BIOS then the one I currently have that will allow the new drive to boot ?

My current BIOS is R208V7.

Does anyone know if there is a newer BIOS version, and where I might be able to obtain it ?

I'm kind of annoyed that SONY are so bad at customer support and no longer provide these kinds of update files for download.

Hopefully somebody can assist :)

rampagingrabbit

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2013
Hey, thanks. That page does not pertain to my model, but..

After much searching, I found a BIOS for the SVP13229PG which I managed to burn but of course now the machine is bricked.

I'm off overseas for a while in a couple of days so I'll attempt to revive it when I return.

Personally I must say that even though this has been a pretty good machine.. I'll never buy a SONY product ever again.