[SOLVED] Bios update interruption

Sep 2, 2019
Stupidly turned off computer during bios update and now display won’t work. Motherboard is Asus Tuf b450 plus gaming.

You might be out of luck. Your motherboard doesn't seem to have a dual BIOS. You could try clearing the CMOS, instructions can be found in your motherboard manual, but my expectation is that it won't work. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try though. Something else that might work is the USB BIOS flashback option if your motherboard supports it. You'll need to follow the instructions in your manual for that or get the instructions from ASUS's website.

I'm not going to lie to you, the odds of ever getting that board to work again are not in your favor.

Reactions: Gooosey
Sep 2, 2019
You might be out of luck. Your motherboard doesn't seem to have a dual BIOS. You could try clearing the CMOS, instructions can be found in your motherboard manual, but my expectation is that it won't work. Doesn't mean you shouldn't try though. Something else that might work is the USB BIOS flashback option if your motherboard supports it. You'll need to follow the instructions in your manual for that or get the instructions from ASUS's website.

I'm not going to lie to you, the odds of ever getting that board to work again are not in your favor.

Ok thanks. The board was purchased a little over a week ago. Would the place I bought it from swap it out?