Question BIOS Update Issue

Feb 18, 2021
I'm trying to update my BIOS. When I click OK in the dialogue box the dialogue box keeps popping up/looping and never installs/updates the BIOS.
My AC adapter is plugged in.

BIOS Dialogue Image

How can I get the BIOS to update/install?

Last edited:

RyzenNoob

Upstanding
Jul 13, 2020
I already downloaded it. I double click it, opens the update/installer, then a Caution dialog box pops up saying to make sure my ac adapter is plugged in click OK or Cancel. Every time I click OK that dialog box keeps popping up. I have my ac adapter plugged in.
I've only seen results for the updater software that implies it for use for HP computers

Feb 18, 2021
Can you check your latest BIOS like this
https://www.dell.com/support/kbdoc/en-uk/000129365/what-is-bios-and-how-to-update-the-bios-on-your-dell-system
3rd paragraph
It seems that the BIOS you're trying update is one from 2018, like 3 years late. I think it maybe it has the latest already
It was downloaded right off the official Dell website. You even posted a screenshot. Its for Dell systems. My system has BIOS version A12 installed the one available for download is A16 update

RyzenNoob

Upstanding
Jul 13, 2020
It was downloaded right off the official Dell website. You even posted a screenshot. Its for Dell systems. My system has BIOS version A12 the one available for download is A16
This is really odd, have you turned your AV off for temps sake? It may see it as something trying to change the BIOS maliciously

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS