[SOLVED] BIOS Update Issues

Apr 20, 2020
I recently updated the Bios on my pc and it successfully completed but on restart my EZ debug leds for cpu and dram led up solid red. I did all basic cmos clearing and ram configs to no avail. I then changed out my 2700x, the processor i updated with, with my old 1200 and was able to boot no problem, does this mean my CPU is dead? Will I be able to get a replacement under warranty?

System Specs
Ryzen 2700x -> Ryzen 1200
MSI X370 Gaming Pro Carbon
GTX 1060 ASUS Dual
4x4 Gb Corsair Vengeance Ram
650 Watt EVGA 80+ PSU
Cooler Gammax 400

Solution
Try flashing it again, with the CPU that works right installed. Download the bios image again, put it on the flash drive again and flash the BIOS, again. Sometimes a bad flash occurs even when everything seems to go right. If that doesn't work, try flashing back to the previous version to see if the problems go away. It could be possible that there is simply a buggy BIOS version for some hardware configurations. Certainly wouldn't be the first time that a BIOS version was released that worked fine on some systems, but other systems with the same motherboard but different installed hardware had issues.
Try flashing it again, with the CPU that works right installed. Download the bios image again, put it on the flash drive again and flash the BIOS, again. Sometimes a bad flash occurs even when everything seems to go right. If that doesn't work, try flashing back to the previous version to see if the problems go away. It could be possible that there is simply a buggy BIOS version for some hardware configurations. Certainly wouldn't be the first time that a BIOS version was released that worked fine on some systems, but other systems with the same motherboard but different installed hardware had issues.

Reactions: DMAN999
Solution
Apr 20, 2020

YES! Booted and in Windows with my Ryzen 2700x after I went back to my old Bios, to anyone who might have a similar problem it was the 7A32v1L.