[SOLVED] Bios Update looked to fail but upgraded

Pcbuilder55

Honorable
Nov 27, 2015
So a couple days ago i tried upgrading my MSI x570 Bios and when it went to restart and to enter m-flash mode it failed on the restart and had to reset cmos to get the system to post. No today I wanted to upgrade to a version that was even newer than the one that failed a couple days ago. So It went through this time and I selected the file and let it install the progress bar was going up and I wasn't looking at the screen so I'm not sure what percent it was at but it just shut off on my and when I went to turn it on manually after a couple seconds it wouldnt so I used the jumper on the board to reset cmos as I though that it failed but I selected to run setup and in the bios it says that its the new version which I was installing. So I turned on my xmp profile and restarted and seems to start up normal and still said new bios ver. in bios. And with these update boot time was supposed to be improved which I notice mine go from like 21.4 seconds to 14.3-14.4 seconds. So all seems to be running good. Even though the pc wouldn't start after updating. If the system boots, says the new version in the bios and I can notice the improvements in the boot time. Should it be all normal now even though the update was sketchy?

Solution
It sounds like the BIOS update was complete before the PC shut off. If the updated version is listed in the BIOS and you don't notice any problems, i would not worry about it.