Question BIOS update made my pc go into a rebooting cycle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maxjan1

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2013
Hi.
Stupidly wanted to update my mobo bios.
I have an ROG STRIX X570-F GAMING motherboard.
I downloaded from their site the 1403 update which also Said "You will not be able to downgrade your BIOS after updating to this BIOS version" dont know if this matters.
I unpacked the file onto my thumbdrive, entered BIOS, chose the file as an upgrade and it proceeded to install successfully. But made my pc turn on to the ROG logo screen where it says to press del or F2 to enter bios and some seconds later Just restart i let it do that for some time. I am not able to enter BIOS.
And was until like 30 min ago trying with the Usb Flashback unnsuccessfully download the 1201 update. And i wont be able to try anything atm as the powers cut for some maintenance. So i wanted to come here to ask for advice.

knickle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2008
I had this issue on my TUF Gaming X570-PLUS (WiFi) today after updating to 1403. It would show the TUF Gaming logo for about 30 seconds, and then reboot... rinse and repeat. I ended up removing my Firewire PCIe card, and that solved the problem for me. Well, not really solved as now I can't use my Firewire audio interface. I'm waiting for ASUS tech support to call me back to troubleshoot.

If you have any other PCIe cards in your system, you can try removing them and see if you can find a device that's hanging the system.

On a side note, I also had a new issue when I got back into Windows... my GPU drivers weren't working for some reason. I had just updated them earlier that day, and it's possible that I didn't notice the issue prior to updating the BIOS. An uninstall/re-install of the GPU drivers did the trick. I'm curious if anyone else that updated to 1403 had driver issues afterwards.

Reactions: Maxjan1

Maxjan1

Distinguished
Aug 15, 2013
Yeah! That definetly did it. Also have a pci audio card. Thank you very much! My driver were acting strange when i first logged in but after a few seconds it fixed itself.
Have you tried changing anything in the bios pci setting?
And should i choose your answer as solution or will it close the thread? Since i wanted to keep it open if someone finds solution for the pci problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.