[SOLVED] Bios update on a GA-Z270 Gaming K3 Motherboard.

Aug 1, 2021
I have a GA-Z270 Gaming K3 Motherboard and I'm planning to install a Samsung 980 SSD 500GB - NVMe M.2 on it. Some people have recommended that I update my bios, being version F2.

I know how to update the bios, I have seen a few videos on how to and, it does not look complicated. But I still have a few questions that I'm hoping you guys can help me with.

My bios being version F2, and the latest release being version F9D. Does this mean that I have to install all of the previous versions in the proper order before installing the latest version? Or can I simply install version F9D?
F2 -> F9D directly?

Also, after successfully installing bios updates on one bios and making sure it works fine; having dual bios, should I proceed and install the updates on the second bios as well? Or should I keep it unaltered in case something goes wrong later on?

Colif

Win 10 Master
Or can I simply install version F9D?
this, just update to latest, no need to do all. It would tell you here if you did - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z270-Gaming-K3-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Gigabyte DualBIOS is not selectable and can not be updated. It's basically a BACKUP BIOS. If the board can't POST it stops trying and instead initializes the secondary BIOS that it is certain works and that BIOS is used purely for recovery of the 'real' BIOS.

Reactions: James.LaCroix

Colif

Win 10 Master
Or can I simply install version F9D?
this, just update to latest, no need to do all. It would tell you here if you did - https://www.gigabyte.com/Motherboard/GA-Z270-Gaming-K3-rev-10/support#support-dl-bios

Gigabyte DualBIOS is not selectable and can not be updated. It's basically a BACKUP BIOS. If the board can't POST it stops trying and instead initializes the secondary BIOS that it is certain works and that BIOS is used purely for recovery of the 'real' BIOS.

Reactions: James.LaCroix

ASK THE COMMUNITY