[SOLVED] BIOS update has changed splash-screen on Gigabyte B660M GAMING X DDR4 ?

May 28, 2022
I bought a new PC a couple of days ago with Gigabyte B660M GAMING X DDR4. Upon starting, it showed an AORUS logo screen.
I checked the BIOS version, and it was F2. The latest update was F4b. So, I downloaded it from the Gigabyte website and updated my BIOS to F4b.
But now, the startup screen shows the Gigabyte and "Insist on UltraDurable" logo, not the AORUS one.
I'm worried now, is this okay?

Last edited:
Solution
If you used correct file no need to worry. This is beta BIOS so quite possible it just have generic Gigabyte screen instead of correct one.

Colif

Win 11 Master
it could be your boot method has changed to not UEFI due to the bios flash, I am not sure though. I still have the AORUS one on my X570 using UEFI boot. I know changing boot method can change splash screen on some boards.

have you installed windows?

I bought a new PC a couple of days ago with Gigabyte B660M GAMING X DDR4. Upon starting, it showed an AORUS logo screen.
I checked the BIOS version, and it was F2. The latest update was F4b. So, I downloaded it from the Gigabyte website and updated my BIOS to F4b.
But now, the startup screen shows the Gigabyte and "Insist on UltraDurable" logo, not the AORUS one.
I'm worried now, is this okay?
Does everything else work?

May 28, 2022
it could be your boot method has changed to not UEFI due to the bios flash, I am not sure though. I still have the AORUS one on my X570 using UEFI boot. I know changing boot method can change flash screen on some boards.

have you installed windows?
Yes, I have had Windows 10 Pro installed since day 1. Can you help me ensure that this is okay and not a major concerning issue?
And please elaborate the UEFI BIOS , I'm not an expert on these.

May 28, 2022
If you used correct file no need to worry. This is beta BIOS so quite possible it just have generic Gigabyte screen instead of correct one.
Thank you for your insight. As this is a Beta version, is there any possibilities that I may face issues? If so, shall I downgrade to the F3 version? Is that possible/ feasible?

As this is a Beta version, is there any possibilities that I may face issues?
There always can be issues - but it does not mean there will be. You just need to watch how your system works; any unexpected behavior can be the reason to downgrade.
If so, shall I downgrade to the F3 version?
Generally, the only thing F4b does is adding support for i9-12900KS. You don't need it if you have other CPU. That said, if everything works there is no real reason to downgrade - only if you face problems you can start thinking about doing that.
Is that possible/ feasible?
Possible. Feasible - see above.

TRENDING THREADS