BIOS Update Problem : /

Samlikesham

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013
So i just bought a Core 2 Duo E6700. It is supported by my motherboard, but only if ii have my bios on update 34. It is currently on 26. But everytime i try to update it to 34, i get an error "this version of windows does not allow the installation of unsigned drivers" bla bla bla. Someone pls help me out!

Solution

The CD method is the way to go if that's the only other way your motherboard supports updating the bios, because that way the BIOS isn't updated through windows. Try it that way :) and again, good luck!

Samlikesham

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013

Ok, I found the instructions to do it with a flash drive and i will try now, wish me luck!

Alex Kelly

Honorable

Good luck! I'm sure it will go perfectly! :D

Samlikesham

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013

Well, while following the instructions i got off of Intel's website, i tried opening the BIOS file which would extract itself. But instead i got an error saying "The version of this file is not compatible with the version of windows youre running" Im running Windows 7 64-bit. I also tried running the file in compatibility mode for windows xp - no luck. Well i think im at a dead end here.... what a waste of 50 bucks on a processor...

Alex Kelly

Honorable

That doesn't sounds like you're doing it through the BIOS??? You shouldn't be in windows at all when updating the bios. :/

You didn't waste your money. You just need to get the new BIOS file that can be applied through your BIOS setup and do it that way. :)

Samlikesham

Honorable
Oct 27, 2013

Alex Kelly

Honorable

The CD method is the way to go if that's the only other way your motherboard supports updating the bios, because that way the BIOS isn't updated through windows. Try it that way :) and again, good luck!

Solution