[SOLVED] BIOS Update Processor Compatibility

Dec 17, 2020
Hello all,

I'm currently using a ryzen 3 2200g along with a asrock b450m pro 4 motherboard and I am wanting to upgrade my 2200g to a ryzen 5 3600. Currently, the bios of my motherboard does not support the 3600, so I have to update it. My issue is that I am unsure of which version I should update my bios to. My current processor, the 2200g, is a raven ridge processor and the web page for my motherboard states that bios versions 3.6-4.6 are not recommended for raven ridge processors. Fortunately, update 3.3 provides compatibility for the ryzen 5 3600 and update 3.4 optimizes the experience with 3000 series processors. In this case, is it best that I update my bios to version 3.4 with my current processor and then further update my bios after installing the 3600?

Solution
Hello all,

I'm currently using a ryzen 3 2200g along with a asrock b450m pro 4 motherboard and I am wanting to upgrade my 2200g to a ryzen 5 3600. Currently, the bios of my motherboard does not support the 3600, so I have to update it. My issue is that I am unsure of which version I should update my bios to. My current processor, the 2200g, is a raven ridge processor and the web page for my motherboard states that bios versions 3.6-4.6 are not recommended for raven ridge processors. Fortunately, update 3.3 provides compatibility for the ryzen 5 3600 and update 3.4 optimizes the experience with 3000 series processors. In this case, is it best that I update my bios to version 3.4 with my current processor and then further update my...

kanewolf

Titan
Hello all,

I'm currently using a ryzen 3 2200g along with a asrock b450m pro 4 motherboard and I am wanting to upgrade my 2200g to a ryzen 5 3600. Currently, the bios of my motherboard does not support the 3600, so I have to update it. My issue is that I am unsure of which version I should update my bios to. My current processor, the 2200g, is a raven ridge processor and the web page for my motherboard states that bios versions 3.6-4.6 are not recommended for raven ridge processors. Fortunately, update 3.3 provides compatibility for the ryzen 5 3600 and update 3.4 optimizes the experience with 3000 series processors. In this case, is it best that I update my bios to version 3.4 with my current processor and then further update my bios after installing the 3600?
If 3.3 will support your new processor, then update to that. Remember to follow ALL the steps, like updating your AMD drivers also. Then swap the CPU. Validate that it boots. Then update further. Again follow ALL the instructions.

Solution