Bios update question

drunkwizardgaming

Prominent
Nov 17, 2018
So ive ordered a ryzen 5 2600 and an msi x370 carbon pro Mobo with 16gb vengeance 3200 ( not sure if ram matters for this). My question is will I require any bios updating or anything? I've never messed with it before and heard it can be potentially dangerous if done without reason. If I do need to, what are the steps required to be good to go without any hiccups.

Solution
Ah ok, then I wish you luck, if your lucky it will post, if not then you'll either have to send away for that kit or try and find someone with a CPU you can borrow to perform the update.
It depends, if the boards comes from the manufacturer with a supported BIOS then no you wont have to update. However if it doesn't then you'll need to grab a AMD BIOS Update kit https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/pa-100.

Honestly You should have bought a X470 or B450 chipset at this point, they are priced nearly the same as the previous generation chipsets.

drunkwizardgaming

Prominent
Nov 17, 2018

How will I know if it comes supported? It just won't post or something?

drunkwizardgaming

Prominent
Nov 17, 2018

Am I gonna have a significant loss of performance with the x370?

drunkwizardgaming

Prominent
Nov 17, 2018

Ah ok. I believe due to the sale I got it during I believe it's replacement only return

TRENDING THREADS