[SOLVED] BIOS update screwed with computer

Mar 8, 2021
I hadn't updated my bios since I built the PC, so I decided to do it about a week ago. Ever since , my computer has been acting very strange. My PC will occasionally crash and say "All settings were reset to default values. The previous overclock settings have failed, system has been restored to its default settings." My computer is not overclocked in any way, unless you consider XMP overclocking. Not only that, but my SSD has disappeared from the boot menu. I figured out a way to swap the hard drive and SSD through bios, but I can only see one of them at a time, I can't have both of them there. Also, whenever I am in my calculus class, my computer has a tendency to crash 3-4 times during just that class; I have no idea why. I have a MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC, for reference.

Solution
Really hard to guess what's wrong.. so what I would do:
-after such crash I would check if BIOS actually was reset to default values (in this case XMP should also be automatically disabled).
-regardless, I would reset BIOS to default again.
Really hard to guess what's wrong.. so what I would do:
-after such crash I would check if BIOS actually was reset to default values (in this case XMP should also be automatically disabled).
-regardless, I would reset BIOS to default again.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS