Bios update switch back to legacy

Nov 13, 2018
Dell update says I need a bios update to a24.Well I had to change my bios to uefi and it was hard.If i update will it revert back to legacy my gpu dosent work in legacy mode.Dell optiplex 990 gpu is rx560 If i dont need update I just ignore it.

BIOS will almost certanly be reset after update and you'll have to set up everything again.

The general advice would be 'Do NOT update BIOS if everything is working fine'. BIOS updates are usually minor targeted fixes for certain issues people encounter, or updates to support new CPU, etc.

The release notes for a24 state that the update addresses issues with Meltdown and Spectre so yeah I would say you should do it. Just go through your current bios, page by page, and take notes or pics of all the settings so you can change them back. Are you concerned you won’t see anything on screen because of the graphics card after an update? If there is integrated graphics you should at least be able to use that initially.

Nov 13, 2018

The guy I bought the computer from may have but it was in legacy mode when I got it was a pain to switch it.I finally watched a video made by intel i think that finally took me step by step and I was able to get it in uefi .I looked in to the spectre and meltdown that does seem scary but so is switching this bios again lol.