[SOLVED] Bios Update

Solution
I totally understand now. Shouldn’t your bios update its self or have an option to update it automatically or do can you only do it via usb?
As far as I know, no motherboards do automatic BIOS updates. You need to do as follows: put the file from the download on a blank USB drive (if it is in a .ZIP, you will need to extract to the USB). Then shut off your PC, access the BIOS and use the tool within the BIOS to update it using the USB. This video should be of assistance.

barryv88

Distinguished
May 11, 2010
BIOS's as far as I know, should never auto update. Ultimately, as Zephyl said, download the file to a USB stick, and do everything from the BIOS.
Some vendors allow you to do the process within windows. But I've always preferred the BIOS way, or booting to DOS and manually doing it there.

Zephyl

Commendable
Mar 13, 2017
I totally understand now. Shouldn’t your bios update its self or have an option to update it automatically or do can you only do it via usb?
As far as I know, no motherboards do automatic BIOS updates. You need to do as follows: put the file from the download on a blank USB drive (if it is in a .ZIP, you will need to extract to the USB). Then shut off your PC, access the BIOS and use the tool within the BIOS to update it using the USB. This video should be of assistance.

Solution