Question Bios update

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
I would google those newer BIOS versions and see if people are having cold boot and/or RAM OC issues like they are on the BIOS version with AGESA 0070 on my ROG Strix B450-F.
I personally am still using an older BIOS (with AGESA 1.0.0.6) because it doesn't have those issues.
I honestly don't think a BIOS update is going to fix your issues.
I don't see anything added to those newer versions (4207 or newer) that applies to your setup.

I'd figure out why your CPU is so hot and deal with that.
It will almost certainly fix your stuttering issue if you get that CPU down to normal temps.

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
I would google those newer BIOS versions and see if people are having cold boot and/or RAM OC issues like they are on the BIOS version with AGESA 0070 on my ROG Strix B450-F.
I personally am still using an older BIOS (with AGESA 1.0.0.6) because it doesn't have those issues.
I honestly don't think a BIOS update is going to fix your issues.
I don't see anything added to those newer versions (4207 or newer) that applies to your setup.

I'd figure out why your CPU is so hot and deal with that.
It will almost certainly fix your stuttering issue if you get that CPU down to normal temps.
Oh alright, i think it's just speccy cuz other programs shows half of that and i've gamed half a year so i think it should be broken already if it really was that hot :D Edit: i was trying to find info about newest version but wasn't really able to find anything

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
^ Exactly, my OC'd Ryzen 5 2600 idles at 28-30C (using Ryzen Balanced Power Plan) and maxes out around 56C after 3 to 4 hours of gaming.
And my MB temp is 38-39C and I have never seen it get above 41C.
i'm using max power plan and in bios my mobo is maybe 40C. should i download another program to check temps

If your processor gets to 85c. it will throttle or shut down.
That could well account for stuttering.
Monitor with cpu-Z to see if your multiplier is dropping.
If a cpu throttles due to heat, performance will be lessened until the heat issue resolves, then at full performance the cycle repeats.

Reactions: DMAN999

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
If your processor gets to 85c. it will throttle or shut down.
That could well account for stuttering.
Monitor with cpu-Z to see if your multiplier is dropping.
If a cpu throttles due to heat, performance will be lessened until the heat issue resolves, then at full performance the cycle repeats.
hwmonitor shows gpu 57-62, cpu 49-59. below is mobo temp but didin't know which one is right one.

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
Those Temps are definitely too high.
The CPU is clocking down to 1.55 GHz just like mine does so your Temps should be much closer to mine than that.

Did you do some failed attempts to OC at some point?
You could have some voltages set too high causing higher Temps.
If so I would set the BIOS to optimized defaults then save and reboot and see it that lowers those Temps.

Last edited:

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
The CPU is clocking down to 1.55 GHz just like mine does so your Temps should be much closer to mine than that.
I do see that your bus clock is at 90 MHz when it should be at 100 MHz.
Why is that? Did you do some failed attempts to OC at some point?
If so I would set the BIOS to optimized defaults then save and reboot and see it that lowers those Temps.
I have never done any overclocking, i reinstalled windows couple months back and only changes i've done is in power plan, nvidia control panel. nothing on cpu.

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
I do see that your bus clock is at 90 MHz when it should be at 100 MHz.
Why is that? Did you do some failed attempts to OC at some point?
what you mean by set BIOS to optimized defaults? if i remember correctly i haven't touched bios. and without side case temps are cpu: 40-53 gpu: 53-53 mobo: tmpin0 40-51 tmpin1 34-34 tmpin2 38-40c

DMAN999

Honorable
Ambassador
what you mean by set BIOS to optimized defaults? if i remember correctly i haven't touched bios. and without side case temps are cpu: 40-53 gpu: 53-53 mobo: tmpin0 40-51 tmpin1 34-34 tmpin2 38-40c
Look at Page 3-3 of your User Manual:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_X470-PRO/E13883_PRIME__X470-PRO_UM_WEB.pdf

Enter the BIOS after a Reboot by tapping the DEL key, Then hit F5 to set the Optimized Default Settings.
Then tap F10 to save the changes and reboot.

xanorigg

Prominent
Jan 27, 2018
Look at Page 3-3 of your User Manual:
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/mb/SocketAM4/PRIME_X470-PRO/E13883_PRIME__X470-PRO_UM_WEB.pdf

Enter the BIOS after a Reboot by tapping the DEL key, Then hit F5 to set the Optimized Default Settings.
Then tap F10 to save the changes and reboot.

got it, these are what has changed, only thing i remember changing is ram to 3200mhz

Ai Overclock Tuner [D.O.C.P]->Auto
Memory frequency [DDR4-3200mhz]->Auto
DRAM Voltage [1.20000]->Auto
DRAM CAS# Latency [18]->Auto
Trcdrd [21]->Auto
Trcdwr [21]->Auto
DRAM RAS# PRE Time [21]->Auto
DRAM RAS# ACT Time [39]->Auto
CPU Q-Fan Control [PWM Mode]->Auto
Chassis Fan 2 Q-Fan Control [DC MODE]->Auto These did not fix temp issues or stutter, i dont know is it me but feels like the game is running slightly smoother

Reactions: DMAN999