Question BIOS UPDATE

Aug 5, 2019
So I came back from work today turned on my pc and then a message popped “BIOS is updating. Do not shut down or reset the system to prevent bootup failure” I’ve read about it online, downloaded bios to my key , plugged it in booted pc up spammed “f2” nothing happens tried all usb slots, tried changing the file name as it said in the manual ( I have ROG STRIX Z390-E GAMING) , still nothing , what should I do next?

Did u know Mobo BIOS updating is dangerous? You should only update it if you have a specific reason for, and under COMPLETE CONTROL conditions. The fact that you didn't expected this to happen and the thing fired up by itself doesn't bode well.

U post not clear. So when it told you not to shutdown/reset, did you let it run? for how long? did it ever came back to display any kind of message, successful, problem? reboot by itself, what?

Aug 5, 2019
Did u know Mobo BIOS updating is dangerous? You should only update it if you have a specific reason for, and under COMPLETE CONTROL conditions. The fact that you didn't expected this to happen and the thing fired up by itself doesn't bode well.

U post not clear. So when it told you not to shutdown/reset, did you let it run? for how long? did it ever came back to display any kind of message, successful, problem? reboot by itself, what?
Ive let it run for 30 minutes , nothing happened. Saw some threads online people saying reboot and try again so I did, waited another 30minutes, nothing happened, it just randomly updated the bios out of nowhere its stuck on the message I described, for hour now nothing helps it

Well at least the thing BOOTS, is not completely dead.

So are you saying you can't boot Windows normally?

If you are still attempting to update, and the update is not working for you, contact vendor's tech support and see what they tell you. Sometimes they maintain a forum and other people may have encountered the same problem.

Aug 5, 2019
Nothing response though, when im trying to press “F2” or “DEL” when booting up pc nothing happens it automatically goes to “BIOS is updating” frustrating I tried everything its just stuck