Status
Not open for further replies.
May 31, 2020
Hi,
I have a Foxconn motherboard version 2AB1h and I decided to make an improvement by buying an AMD Phenom X6 1065t processor, having checked compatibility on some sites it told me that the processor is supported by the motherboard.
At the time of assembly, however, the PC turns on immediately after a black screen with Error unsupported CPU appears.
Do you think it is appropriate to update the Bios? which is updated to 2011.
If yes, you can provide me with useful links since I can't find my motherboard's specific bios.

Solution
There looks to be no source for BIOS updates for that now 9ish year old motherboard. The Foxconn website has been down for a couple of years now. You are better off building a more up to date system than trying to squeeze a few percent, at most, more performance from such an old system. Besides, your current power supply is in no way adequate for the job.
May 31, 2020
The Error is: Unsupported CPU installed
It could be a power supply issue?
Because the Graphic Card takes 300 Watt and the CPU takes 120 W, my power supply provides 450W

The Error is: Unsupported CPU installed
It could be a power supply issue?
Because the Graphic Card takes 300 Watt and the CPU takes 120 W, my power supply provides 450W
This has absolutely nothing to do with the power supply, although yours is nowhere near adequate to the task. At the very least the BIOS on that motherboard must be upgraded to support the CPU. However, you have failed to supply us with the exact model of the motherboard so no one can tell you whether or not it even supports that CPU, even with a BIOS update (should one exist).

Reactions: mctrader07
There looks to be no source for BIOS updates for that now 9ish year old motherboard. The Foxconn website has been down for a couple of years now. You are better off building a more up to date system than trying to squeeze a few percent, at most, more performance from such an old system. Besides, your current power supply is in no way adequate for the job.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.