Aug 14, 2020
System:
Rx 570
R5 2600
ASUS Prime B450M-K (Bios Version 0403)
CORSAIR RAM 3000MHZ
1 TB HDD
128GB SSD(Where OS is)

I was wondering how safe updating the bios is because I have crash-free on my motherboard but I am unable to find real information about how good it is when your bios is actually corrupted. Is it Worth it because people are saying with 2nd gen ryzen you should update your bios 100% but I don't know whether I should do it because I know if the power cuts out your mobo can get bricked and so I want to be 100% sure that if it does I can get my pc back to working condition with Asus crash-free bios.
If anyone could help i would really appreciate it :)

Zerk2012

Titan
Ambassador
System:
Rx 570
R5 2600
CORSAIR RAM 3000MHZ
1 TB HDD
128GB SSD(Where OS is)

I was wondering how safe updating the bios is because I have crash-free on my motherboard but I am unable to find real information about how good it is when your bios is actually corrupted. Is it Worth it because people are saying with 2nd gen ryzen you should update your bios 100% but I don't know whether I should do it because I know if the power cuts out your mobo can get bricked and so I want to be 100% sure that if it does I can get my pc back to working condition with Asus crash-free bios.
If your not having problems leave it alone. Don't try to fix something that's not broke.

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
System:
Rx 570
R5 2600
CORSAIR RAM 3000MHZ
1 TB HDD
128GB SSD(Where OS is)

Why would you update BIOS if there's no problem? Did you happen to face any performance issue? And could you link me to where you saw people suggesting BIOS update in 100% cases?

Aug 14, 2020
But thanks for help i was just worrying if anything could happen and if anything did happen then someone could tell me if they have had experience with crashfree bios

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
View: https://youtu.be/nos5I18dBUQ

Heres the youtube link he strongly advises to do it because of amd based motherboards suffering from bad bios ive seen it on other vids too
IF your motherboard isn't suffering, you don't have to. As simple as that. Run a Prime95 Stress Test and if everything is stable for at least in 2 hours of stress test, dump the idea of a BIOS update.

Solution

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
aslo the reason that iam asking is because on the latest bios there are quite a few stability improvments
If your system isn't unstable in the first place, stability improvements are not going to do anything. And you could check every mobo's bios changelog and find stability improvements listed there. Doesn't mean they were unstable in the stock bios.

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
If you are not overclocking, no need to change bios. XMP should be fine. Run the stress test and if no error pops up, you're good.
AND about updating BIOS, yes, power cutouts might cause it to be bricked. But BIOS update usually takes about a minute or two. I updated my BIOS without any problems AND without a UPS. BUT, as it poses a risk, you should not update BIOS unless extremely necessary. And NEVER WITHOUT A STABLE ELECTRICITY.

Ziadul87

Reputable
BANNED
Right now my clocks are 3.6ghz a bit of tightning in timings and on 3000mhz ram if that makes sense
Try Stress testing your custom settings first. If there's no stability issue, nothing to worry about. And if your system is unstable , THEN, try the stock settings (Reset the BIOS settings). No need to update BIOS or go back to stock BIOS if you're stable with your present settings.

Aug 14, 2020
If you are not overclocking, no need to change bios. XMP should be fine. Run the stress test and if no error pops up, you're good.
AND about updating BIOS, yes, power cutouts might cause it to be bricked. But BIOS update usually takes about a minute or two. I updated my BIOS without any problems AND without a UPS. BUT, as it poses a risk, you should not update BIOS unless extremely necessary. And NEVER WITHOUT A STABLE ELECTRICITY.
i really doubt that it will be able to go without crashing for 2 hours on prime 95