[SOLVED] Bios update

htoontm

Distinguished
May 5, 2012
Hello,

I am planning to pair Ryzen 3 5900x with x570 Aorus Master. I need to have Bios version F30 on it. Most likely, the board may not be shipped with F30.

How do i update the bios without the CPU and windows? I do not have any spare cpu or windows to boot into.

I am not up to date with hardware trend. Your advice is appreciated.

Thanks.

Last edited:
Solution
Thank you for your reply. Since there is no monitor, I guess I have to rely on the light. It is kinda risky. You do not see it and you do not know if it finishes updating. Is there a better way to know update is complete besides the flash light and possible power fan.

You wouldn't see anything, even if there was a monitor.
The joys of chipsets that predate CPUs, unfortunately.

There's no other way, other than getting ahold of an out of the box compatible CPU and performing it the more traditional way.

However, if you see the lights flashing, just wait until they stop etc (as outlined) and you should be fine.
If you want to be extra safe, leave it for an extended period of time, say an hour, and you should be good to go.

Barty1884

Retired Moderator
You can update the BIOS without a CPU or RAM installed using a USB with the BIOS file, the white USB port on the motherboard and the Q-Flash Plus button.

20190524152958917080889dbd10c58c265933b41025a1e1_big.png

From the manual:
666.png

Reactions: DMAN999

htoontm

Distinguished
May 5, 2012
Thank you for your reply. Since there is no monitor, I guess I have to rely on the light. It is kinda risky. You do not see it and you do not know if it finishes updating. Is there a better way to know update is complete besides the flash light and possible power fan.

Last edited:

Barty1884

Retired Moderator

You wouldn't see anything, even if there was a monitor.
The joys of chipsets that predate CPUs, unfortunately.

There's no other way, other than getting ahold of an out of the box compatible CPU and performing it the more traditional way.

However, if you see the lights flashing, just wait until they stop etc (as outlined) and you should be fine.
If you want to be extra safe, leave it for an extended period of time, say an hour, and you should be good to go.

Solution