[SOLVED] Bios Update

Nov 24, 2020
Im building a new PC and I get my last part I need for building it aka the case tomorrow, I am going to be using a ryzen 9 3900x and my motherboard will be x570 Aorus elite wifi, I am preparing to get everything ready for USB with windows/bios update. However when I went to go get the bios update from the website it is stating ryzen 5000 series support, If I were to download that update would it work with my 3000 series processor or should I go for the update before the 5000 series support as well as is there any other updates I should get off the website for drivers etc for the mobo?

Solution
Your motherboard can run the 3900X with the stock BIOS (F1).

You don't have to update it beforehand...It can cause you unnecessary trouble, if you update it before and get an unstable version.It could also improve things dramatically, but with BIOS versions nothing is guaranteed.

Build the system, test it out with the stock version and if you find that it's unstable or performing worse than expected, then go for an update.

DeanTH23

Reputable
Aug 17, 2019
Your motherboard can run the 3900X with the stock BIOS (F1).

You don't have to update it beforehand...It can cause you unnecessary trouble, if you update it before and get an unstable version.It could also improve things dramatically, but with BIOS versions nothing is guaranteed.

Build the system, test it out with the stock version and if you find that it's unstable or performing worse than expected, then go for an update.

Solution