[SOLVED] Bios updating.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Feb 5, 2021
can i make a bios flash drive in another computer or a laptop than update my motherboard bios with that same bios update flash drive?

Feb 5, 2021
That all depends if your motherboard is capable of flashing bios without a cpu as some do. If your motherboard doesn't then an older supported cpu will be required to perform the flash update.
I have the Gigabyte B550 Aorus pro AC
and im thinking of getting the rysen 5 5600x or wait for the ryzen 5 5600 non x
Also i have a 16GB USB 2.0 flash drive

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Motherboard has Q-Flash plus so yes, can update bios without a cpu.

Follow instructions here;

Will also be in your motherboard manual.

Reactions: PC builder lv.1
Feb 5, 2021
Motherboard has Q-Flash plus so yes, can update bios without a cpu.

Follow instructions here;

Will also be in your motherboard manual.
So all u need is a windows Device to make the bios update flash drive.
Also do i need to back up my flash drive if so then how do i back it up?
Thank u :)

boju

Titan
Ambassador
If there's anything on the USB flash drive you wish to keep then copy to a folder on another computer and put back later.

Format USB drive to Fat32. If it's already Fat32 formatted then you don't need to do the above.

Download bios file, rename it and put on USB stick.

Follow flash procedure.

Feb 5, 2021
What do you mean?
Like the you know, when u make a bios update flash drive but some people says to put a back up so u dont loose the bios update file in the flash drive so like it says something about backing up but just to tell you will it delete the bios update file while your making the bios update flash drive if you know what i mean i dont even know if they make sense

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Na won't lose anything. All that is required is placing the renamed Bios file on the USB stick for the Bios built-in flash utility to do it's thing. Bios doesn't read NTFS formats so make sure USB drive is Fat32 before placing the Bios file on it. Changing formats will erase all data on the USB, so backup anything if you need to format it.

Feb 5, 2021
Ok i just went into Format and it says my file system is FAT32 (Defult)
is this okay
Do i put my Allocation unite size to 4096 bytes or do i leave it at 16 kilobytes
Also do i leave it at quick format And what does Volume label mean or do

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.