BIOS Upgrade for SY-KT600 DRAGON PLUS?

I am running a Soyo KT600 w/8237 chipset.
DATA: Phoenix Technologies
LTD 6.00 PG, 8/25/2003
SMBIOS 2.2
Via Technologies
X86 - based PC
Does anyone know which BIOS update I should download to flash?
Soyo offers ktkp2aa1.exe (2003-07-17 - a newer update?)
Bios Revision 2AA1 for the SY-KT600 DRAGON Plus - Would this be the proper
one to download?
I don't want to get the wrong flash and mess up my computer.

"WrAvEn" <wraven@excite.com> wrote in message news:<2E5id.2656$14.1632@read1.cgocable.net>...
> I am running a Soyo KT600 w/8237 chipset.
> DATA: Phoenix Technologies
> LTD 6.00 PG, 8/25/2003
> SMBIOS 2.2
> Via Technologies
> X86 - based PC
> Does anyone know which BIOS update I should download to flash?
> Soyo offers ktkp2aa1.exe (2003-07-17 - a newer update?)
> Bios Revision 2AA1 for the SY-KT600 DRAGON Plus - Would this be the proper
> one to download?
> I don't want to get the wrong flash and mess up my computer.

Soyo released 3 versions of the KT600 Dragon Plus boards.
The first was the original Plus, then the Plus V1.0 and finally Plus V2.0.
Each has a different bios. It appears you have the original Plus version
and the most recent bios is ktkp2BA3 released a few weeks ago.

Thanks acajka, I thought the ktkp2BA3 would be the correct one, but was
hesitant to try the flash until I got a 2nd opinion. Thanks for the reply
and wish me luck! WrAvEn

acajka@suscom.net (acajka) wrote in message news:<94f3db7e.0411031550.63970663@posting.google.com>...
> "WrAvEn" <wraven@excite.com> wrote in message news:<2E5id.2656$14.1632@read1.cgocable.net>...

What problems are you experiancing with the system? If your not
experiancing a problem then DON'T FLASH. New BIOS files are to fix
problems or give added support for something new. If your don't have a
problem or are not adding new hardware that the new BIOS would support
the risk of a bad flash isn't worth it.

> > I am running a Soyo KT600 w/8237 chipset.
> > DATA: Phoenix Technologies
> > LTD 6.00 PG, 8/25/2003
> > SMBIOS 2.2
> > Via Technologies
> > X86 - based PC
> > Does anyone know which BIOS update I should download to flash?
> > Soyo offers ktkp2aa1.exe (2003-07-17 - a newer update?)
> > Bios Revision 2AA1 for the SY-KT600 DRAGON Plus - Would this be the proper
> > one to download?
> > I don't want to get the wrong flash and mess up my computer.
>
> Soyo released 3 versions of the KT600 Dragon Plus boards.
> The first was the original Plus, then the Plus V1.0 and finally Plus V2.0.
> Each has a different bios. It appears you have the original Plus version
> and the most recent bios is ktkp2BA3 released a few weeks ago.

slschlager

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2009
I hve the soyo kt600 ultra platinum. What bios update should I try and find. Soyo is no more and I am trying to update my system. I am also having problems getting some of my hardware to work because I cannot find the disk.

My PATA drive is about to fail. I also have a Sata drive in my system that was supposed to replace the PATA drive. I could never get the computer to boot from the SATA drive so I have had to stick with the old PATA. Also, I cannot get the CD-Rom drive to be bootable because it is also SATA.

Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Figuring it is a Bios prob and need to update to a newer bios. When I first built this system I installed it without a floppy drive. A year later I tried to update the bios and installed a floppy drive. It didn't work...so I installed another one I had sitting around...it didn't work either... SO I tried one out of my mother system and it didn't work...but I smelled something burning...one of this chips on the floppy drive was smoking a little and looked like it was bubbling. I looked at the other ones I tried and they looked the same. So I have never been able to update my bios. My point is in the long story is what they heck can I do to update it?

Hope I made sense and someone could help me out.

TRENDING THREADS