[SOLVED] BIOS Version Updating

henry1803

Reputable
Mar 11, 2019
So since I'm upgrading to a Ryzen 5 5600x with a B450M DS3H, my bios version is F60e and the required version is F60. From my understanding I have like the beta version of F60? Do I need to update to the latest bios to have this CPU installed?

Solution
Actually, since the beta version is no longer listed it is likely that the beta release became the stable release F60 and SHOULD support that CPU. However, I'd highly recommend that you update to the latest stable version, F62, due to the fact that it addresses serious recently discovered vulnerabilities.

The 5600x was released in November of 2020 while your version, F60e was released in late February or early March of 2021. It should support that CPU, but again, I'd recommend updating to the most recent non-beta version for security reasons.
Actually, since the beta version is no longer listed it is likely that the beta release became the stable release F60 and SHOULD support that CPU. However, I'd highly recommend that you update to the latest stable version, F62, due to the fact that it addresses serious recently discovered vulnerabilities.

The 5600x was released in November of 2020 while your version, F60e was released in late February or early March of 2021. It should support that CPU, but again, I'd recommend updating to the most recent non-beta version for security reasons.

Solution