Question Bios/VGA LIGHT issue

Oct 22, 2019
I have an asus ROG STRIX b450-f gaming motherboard and I am unable to see bios upon boot, however, the pc is able to reach the OS and I am able to use everything at its full potential. The only issue is the VGA ERROR light remains on yet I am able to use the PC fine. I would like a resolution that allows me to reach the bios as I need to change the fan rpm settings. It still does not display bios regardless if AMD freesync is on or off. The VGA light turns off and I am able to reach the bios with a different GPU so it's a software issue regarding the RX580 preventing the bios to display.

R_1

Expert
Ambassador
what monitor do you have?
BIOS is a low resolution system, your display may not be physically able to display that resolution, or the option to scale has been disabled in the monitors menu.

on my main screen the BIOS is in a small square in the center of my massive screen. on my secondary screen it can scale the image to fill the whole screen. this is the only way my main screen can display that low a resolution.

Oct 22, 2019
I have an asus ROG STRIX b450-f gaming motherboard and I am unable to see bios upon boot, however, the pc is able to reach the OS and I am able to use everything at its full potential. The only issue is the VGA ERROR light remains on yet I am able to use the PC fine. I would like a resolution that allows me to reach the bios as I need to change the fan rpm settings. It still does not display bios regardless if AMD freesync is on or off. The VGA light turns off and I am able to reach the bios with a different GPU so it's a software issue regarding the RX580 preventing the bios to display.