BIOS warning when use SSD Panram Velocity

Status
Not open for further replies.

baodng

Reputable
Aug 28, 2015
Hi every one, I'm Vietnamese so my English is not good.
I upgraded my laptop Dell Vostro 2420, service tag: JJ3Z0Z1 with a SSD Panram Velocity.
I installed Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits in Saturday last week, and now when I start my laptop, It isn't log in to windows, It stops at a black screen and I must press ESC key many times, after that these errors appear in the screen:
Boot drive = 80, not CD
MBR cylinders(1024) is not equal to the BIOS one(1023).
MBR total sector is grater than the BIOS one.
Some buggy BIOSes could hang when you access sectors exceeding the BIOS limit.
failure.

That's all error, I still login to windows after that, but I don't wanna every time I must press ESC and wait for a long time. I updated BIOS and chipset to the latest firmware but the errors can't be solve.
Please give me a solution, thanks in advance!

Solution
I think it means that the drive is not properly supported by the BIOS, because the BIOS is too old to support that large a drive.

Of course, it's complaining about the number of cylinders and an SSD doesn't really have cylinders. You could try updating to the most recent BIOS, but that involves its own risks.
I think it means that the drive is not properly supported by the BIOS, because the BIOS is too old to support that large a drive.

Of course, it's complaining about the number of cylinders and an SSD doesn't really have cylinders. You could try updating to the most recent BIOS, but that involves its own risks.

Solution

baodng

Reputable
Aug 28, 2015

Thank you very much, but I've updated my BIOS to the latest version.
But now It isn't a problem because I brought my SSD to the vendor and they've changed me a new one.
Thank you again!

Status
Not open for further replies.