Nov 30, 2017
Recently I replaced my motherboard, cpu and RAM. The new components are:

Motherboard:
ASUS Prime Z270-A

RAM:
Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR4 3200 Mhz

CPU:
Intel i7-7700k

I am using the same hard drive, psu, and gpu as before the upgrades. Note that I did not fresh install windows. I believe this is unrelated due to the fact that the issue happens before windows or the BIOS even starts. My issue is that when I press the power button to turn it on, it will turn on for about 1 second (fans and LEDs), turn off for about 2 seconds, then turn back on (still only fans and LEDs). It will sit on this turned on state forever without actually booting up. Just a black screen. If I turn on and off the computer ~8 times it will finally boot up and make it to the BIOS. Then it will POST in safe mode. When I enter the BIOS and use the boot menu from there I can boot windows without a problem and use my computer normally. It does this every time I try to start my computer for the first time after being turned off. I am not in the latest version of BIOS being that the newest version was released a week ago. I would like to avoid flashing a new BIOS if it is not the problem as I haven't done it before and I would like to avoid creating more problems for myself. Thanks for any help!

Solution
Update for anyone who may be having a similar issue. Reseating the RAM fixed both of the possible issues. This was something that I had not thought to check because of the symptoms of the problem

sonny38

Prominent
Nov 30, 2017
Update for anyone who may be having a similar issue. Reseating the RAM fixed both of the possible issues. This was something that I had not thought to check because of the symptoms of the problem

Solution