Hello i have a:

Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium
ASRock H270 Pro4 s1151 Z270 4DDR4 USB3.0/3xM.2 ATX
Intel CPU Core i5-7400 BOX 3.00GHz, 1151, VGA
Corsair DDR4 Vengeance LPX 8GB/2400 RED CL14-16-16-31 1.20V XMP2.0

1x Samsung SSD 850 EVO 250GB ATA Device (232 GB, IDE) - SSD
1x SAMSUNG HD502HJ ATA Device (500 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II) - HDD1
1x SAMSUNG HD502HJ ATA Device (500 GB, 7200 RPM, SATA-II) - HDD2

The problem is when i connect 2x HDD drives (HDD1 + HDD2, or One of those HHD1 or HDD2 drive without SSD) i get this: https://youtu.be/VDPzX083FO4

But funny thing is when i connect SSD and one of the drives HDD1 or HDD2 it will boot up to windows normal and i can see the Hard drive and its DATA. But in BIOS i see only SSD but no HDD1 or HDD2.
I use AHCI in bios to run SSD. In IDE windows will not run errors and restarting all the time.

I have change the SATA ports on motherboard and cables RED, YELLOW and BLACK but no luck.

Can someone help me solve this mistery...

popatim

Titan
In the previous system were those drives set in a raid array (raid set in bios) or mirrored (set in windows storage spaces)

In any event, enter the bios and Enable CSM (compatibility support module) and disable Secure Boot. Lets see if that helps.

waterbird

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015

The one of drives died because now its ticking all the time. It ticks when i connect it to my pc and same when i connect to other computer :( I copied all data from the good HDD but the second one still is in some kind of block trance. I think the disk head stuck or broken.

It is possible it can tick when bios in one and other pc is not set up correctly ?

thebudman420

Commendable
Jan 3, 2017

You can't just copy the files and make it boot. Cloning is the only option. Backup what you can and install fresh and then put the files on the new drive that you want to save. Since it is a messed up drive even if you cloned it. It won't work if the other drive didnt work. If you can copy files from it you can possible copy some of your stuff but you are going to have to install fresh.

Is ahci enable in bios? That shouldn't matter, It should still show in the bios under disk and give you a sector count. You have to have the ahci driver enabled in windows before you reboot and enable in the bios. I know that much anyway. Unless it was already enabled when you installed the os. Windows doesn't have the ahci driver enabled by default unless you install it that way.

another edit. If it is broke it wont show in bios or in windows, if it don't show in bios then windows should not be able to see it as your bios controls all that and windows uses the bios to know what is connected to it. The bios controls all your components.

waterbird

Reputable
Dec 24, 2015
I cant backup or copy files from one of the SAMSUNG HD502HJ because the hdd is ticking and i am not able to run it under windows or bios. In second SAMSUNG HD502HJ i did backup all files.

TRENDING THREADS