[SOLVED] BIOS wont display on external display

Apr 9, 2020
Im new here, i don't know where to put my thread sorry. please bear with me.

I have HP 250 G3 Laptop. It was configured as Legacy Mode before when the laptop's display was okay and running windows 7.
I spilled coffee on it and the display adapater inside was fried. It's still working only if i use external display via VGA.
It was okay and good i can even game on it.

I was tryng to put fresh OS on it but since i can't access the bios, someone suggested that i should reset the CMOS.
I can now see the BIOS but the problem is it's now EUFI? (or NOT Legacy mode). Now it can't read both my SSD and HDD, even my bootable win 7 or win 10 flashdrive (2.0)

I can switch it to Legacy Mode but the BIOS wont show up again, i still need to confirm the changes by putting some random generated number + ener to confirm the changes but since legacy mode only show in primary display and not in external. i don't have any chances in bring back it to legacy mode.

I also tried installing windows 10 on my ssd using other laptop then try putting it back to the problematic ones. it always show "No Operating System Found or something".

Please help me. i've been fixing this for 1 week. i'm from a 3rd world country who's really affected by the pandemic. i have no income other than this. I really need this laptop to work :(.

Solution
Can you disconnect the internal display?
I have had it where...when I use more than one display....the BIOS only shows up on one....and it's not always the same one.
....but when I only have one connected....it ALWAYS shows up on that one.
So I'm thinking if you can disconnect that internal display....the BIOS might show up on the external display.
I have had it where...when I use more than one display....the BIOS only shows up on one....and it's not always the same one.
So I'm thinking if you can disconnect that internal display....the BIOS might show up on the external display.

Reactions: copenhagenn
Solution
Apr 9, 2020

i already disconnected the internal display since it fried some circuit. it will not have no power at all if i plug it in.

what i am getting from this is. The BIOS will only show if it's UEFI which is mode im in right now. The problem is my drives wont recognize and my USB 2.0 wont recognize (i think). Idk if there's other way around to fix this. im running out of options :(.

Also. Is usb 2.0 work on UEFI settings?