Question BIOS Won't Flash

Aug 19, 2019
I currently have version 5007 on my ASUS Prime X470 Pro. I'm trying to update the BIOS to version 5406, but when I try to flash, it gets to about 25% and the system restarts. I've tried USB and Via Internet. Same thing each time. I updated to version 5007 back in July without any issues. Any suggestions on what to do? I do clear CMOS before I do any sort of BIOS flash.

I currently have version 5007 on my ASUS Prime X470 Pro. I'm trying to update the BIOS to version 5406, but when I try to flash, it gets to about 25% and the system restarts. I've tried USB and Via Internet. Same thing each time. I updated to version 5007 back in July without any issues. Any suggestions on what to do? I do clear CMOS before I do any sort of BIOS flash.

Do not jump bios versions, Flash every update step by step.

Aug 19, 2019
The Windows EZ Flash I find, is useless. It always says everything is up to date, when it's not. I have to use file from the ASUS. And I rather not use a Windows program to flash a BIOS. I've read many stories about people bricking their motherboards for it. I figured it I try it. No go.

I rather flash through the BIOS. Been doing it that way for many, many years. I just never ran into this issue before. The closest it got to finishing is when I tried to back flash to 4804. It restarted at 95%. I'm going to try 4602, which was on the motherboard when I got it. Anything over 5007, restarts around 25%. I've also tried about 10 different USB sticks, all the same outcome. I'm thinking, I might have to contact ASUS and send in for warranty.