Bios wont recognize HDD

finneybsbro

Reputable
Mar 21, 2018
So my HDD Recently failed, and I bought a 1TB seagate drive off my buddy.He said he recently wiped the drive. I plug it in, power up the system and theres nothing there. If anyone could help me fix this i would gladly apreciate it, Hard drives and storage is my weak point in tech.
System:
i3 6100
2x8 ddr4 2400
asus h110m-e/m.2
gtx 760

Solution
Hi finneybsbro! Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the drive. We do have a couple of resources that might help you out with our HDD installation guide .

In your situation, follow these steps below to see if HDD is detected.

1. Restart your computer. While the computer restarts, run the system setup program (sometimes called BIOS or CMOS setup). This is usually done by pressing a special key, such as DELETE, ESC, or F1 during the startup process.
    2. Within the system setup program, instruct the system to auto detect your new drive.
    3. Save the settings and exit the setup program. When your computer restarts, it should recognize your new drive. If your system still doesn't recognize your new drive, see the...
If there are jumpers on the drive...make sure they are set correctly.

Try a different power cable and data cable.

Check your connectors on the drive and the MB and make sure they look good and nothing is in them.

Try a different connector on the mother board.

Try resetting your BIOS to default settings.

finneybsbro

Reputable
Mar 21, 2018

None of that worked, The hard drive is spinning and i know all the cables im using work because i used them on a cd drive.v

Hi finneybsbro! Sorry to hear you are having an issue with the drive. We do have a couple of resources that might help you out with our HDD installation guide .

In your situation, follow these steps below to see if HDD is detected.

1. Restart your computer. While the computer restarts, run the system setup program (sometimes called BIOS or CMOS setup). This is usually done by pressing a special key, such as DELETE, ESC, or F1 during the startup process.
    2. Within the system setup program, instruct the system to auto detect your new drive.
    3. Save the settings and exit the setup program. When your computer restarts, it should recognize your new drive. If your system still doesn't recognize your new drive, see the troubleshooting section.

Hopefully the BIOS detects the HDD and then, as a precaution, you can check the health of the drive with our Free Seatools Software .

We would like to also include a guide, on how to format a HDD here.

Best of luck.

Solution