Question Bios Won't Update On Maximus VI Formula

The_Meme_Player

Prominent
Mar 18, 2019
I got a Rog Maximus VI Formula off eBay a few months ago for $80. I pretty insane deal consider all the others were at least $300. The seller claimed it possibly would not work because of a damaged pin, but to my surprise, it actually worked, even with a one of the pins having a missing contact. It was a pretty futile upgrade from my H87 board, considering I had a non-k cpu and a cooler not even capable of overclocking. I later wanted to upgrade from my i5 4430 to a 4690k. I bought one off eBay and updated my bios to the latest September 2014 bios from Asus' website, which has support for Haswell refresh cpu's. Came the 4690k, I got a blank screen on upgrade and returned it for it being DOA. I have another post explaining my troubleshooting process:

It wasn't until after I returned the cpu that I noticed in the bios that it reported to be from 2013, which led me believe that my bios update was unsuccessful. I didn't use the updater tool, I just renamed the bios to "M6F" like it said in the manual, put it on the usb drive, and pressed the bios flashback button. So this time, I tried using the bios updating software, but it kept on saying I need Intel Management Engine installed (which I did), and it would't let me continue. I have the second newest Intel Management Engine driver from the website, since the newest one wouldn't install even though it was for Windows 10 64 bit. Now I upgraded to a 780 ti, and while I have no bottleneck, I would like a better cpu. How can I update the bios?

When using the flashback, make sure that you're not renaming the file to M6F.cap.cap and the USB drive is FAT32 formatted.
Check if the USB drive is connected to the dedicated Flashback USB drive.
Do not start the board, just click the Flashback button for 3 seconds and wait until process completed.

The_Meme_Player

Prominent
Mar 18, 2019
When using the flashback, make sure that you're not renaming the file to M6F.cap.cap and the USB drive is FAT32 formatted.
Check if the USB drive is connected to the dedicated Flashback USB drive.
Do not start the board, just click the Flashback button for 3 seconds and wait until process completed.

I did not add an extra cap, just renamed it to M6F. The usb drive is fat32 formatted.