[SOLVED] bios

Solution
Hi everybody, is the Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite compatible with the Ryzen 5 3600 FROM FACTORY or I have to update it before installing the CPU?

Depends... if the board has a sticker with ryzen 3000 ready, then yes it will be compatible, if not you'll need to update the BIOS.

It mostly depends on the batch... if it's an old batch then you'll most likely need to update the BIOS.

You can't possibly know before you buy the motherboard.

B450 boards that are ryzen 3000 ready from factory are the MSI B450 MAX versions : B450 Tomahawk MAX, Mortar MAX, Gaming Plus MAX, etc.

As a recommendation I'll suggest the MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX... it has much better OCing capabilities due to better VRM configuration and...
Hi everybody, is the Gigabyte B450 Aorus Elite compatible with the Ryzen 5 3600 FROM FACTORY or I have to update it before installing the CPU?

Depends... if the board has a sticker with ryzen 3000 ready, then yes it will be compatible, if not you'll need to update the BIOS.

It mostly depends on the batch... if it's an old batch then you'll most likely need to update the BIOS.

You can't possibly know before you buy the motherboard.

B450 boards that are ryzen 3000 ready from factory are the MSI B450 MAX versions : B450 Tomahawk MAX, Mortar MAX, Gaming Plus MAX, etc.

As a recommendation I'll suggest the MSI B450 Tomahawk MAX... it has much better OCing capabilities due to better VRM configuration and cooling, just a better board overall compared to the B450 AORUS ELITE.

Solution