Oct 2, 2022
I installed a new motherboard in my pc as well as new ram sticks with my old ram sticks and a new m.2. For some reason when I am tryin to do windows 11 boot up it keeps giving my stop code for windows. Best Buy told me I can only have one name brand or type or ram in at a time while doing new mother board. I’m about to try but how true does this sound

Mixing kits of ram can cause many types of problems, from not being able to boot at all to unstable work. So if you have trouble start with just one kit. Other reason it is not working may be using old Windows install. When swapping motherboard to different model you should do a clean Windows install to avoid problems.

USAFRet

Titan
I installed a new motherboard in my pc as well as new ram sticks with my old ram sticks and a new m.2. For some reason when I am tryin to do windows 11 boot up it keeps giving my stop code for windows. Best Buy told me I can only have one name brand or type or ram in at a time while doing new mother board. I’m about to try but how true does this sound
New motherboard, new and different RAM...old drive+OS.

Even if the RAM were not an issue (it probably is), you need to do a full wipe and reinstall of the OS and everything else.