[SOLVED] Biostar A320Mh incompatible with Afterburner's Riva Tuner?

Raikko Kiminen

Reputable
Sep 11, 2019
Hello, I have a question with low priority, but If you had any experience with this A320Mh mobo I'd appreciate your help.

Basically, I have 2 PC's, one that I use and one that I gave to my dad. These are specs for both:
  1. A320Mh, RX 570, R3 2200g, 2x8GB RAM 2666MHz CL16, 650W
  2. B450, RX 590, R5 2600x, 2x8GB RAM 3200MHz CL 16, 600W

I have Afterburner on both PC's and installed RTSS as well. I use the exact same setup for everything, yet, on the A320Mh I can't have CPU info shown via Riva, and on B450 I can have literally everything from the OSD list shown. For some reason, even tho the settings are exactly the same, on B450 I can see CPU temps, clocks, power draw and all stuff, but on A320Mh I can't get it to be shown on the screen.

My question is - is this the problem with a particular motherboard model? I am aware that it is locked for CPU overclocking, so maybe it is locked for even reading any CPU info as well?

Solution
What is the make and model of both PSU's? If they are reliably built units, you should flip the 650W unit on the system with the R5 2600X build.

FYI, the setups are not exactly the same, since you have a budget budget chipset on the first system which doesn't allow for CPU overclocking. Even if did, the VRM isn't equipped/designed to handle an overclock. Often times the bottom of the barrel hardware lack certain sensors or chips to allow other apps from communicating with it.

To add, you could've also given your first system a Ryzen 5 1500/1600 as opposed to the APU.

Lutfij

Titan
What is the make and model of both PSU's? If they are reliably built units, you should flip the 650W unit on the system with the R5 2600X build.

FYI, the setups are not exactly the same, since you have a budget budget chipset on the first system which doesn't allow for CPU overclocking. Even if did, the VRM isn't equipped/designed to handle an overclock. Often times the bottom of the barrel hardware lack certain sensors or chips to allow other apps from communicating with it.

To add, you could've also given your first system a Ryzen 5 1500/1600 as opposed to the APU.

Reactions: Raikko Kiminen
Solution

Raikko Kiminen

Reputable
Sep 11, 2019

I don't know the actual models of PSUs but I do know that PSU calculator shows load watage 510W and recomended 560W so my 600W is enough for R5 2600x build. It does make sense to put the stronger one in the stronger system, but the weaker one is still more than strong enough for the job. I don't overclock/overvolt anything so there is no extra power draw.

The settings I mentioned were for afterburner and for riva, I already know that A320Mh doesn't support CPU overclocking, but I was wondering if it doesn't support temperature reading as well. But I take this as a "yes", I was correct then about this motherboard not being able to read and CPU temps/clock/usage. Anyway, I highly doubt that 2200g will ever hit 75C+ in stock (no OC) so I guess there is no danger in not being able to track temps. I was just curious to know if this is all problem with motherboard designed not to be able to do that job.

Thank you for your answer.