Question Biostar A770E3 ......2 short beeps...help me get this ready for my grandson's first gamer!

Sep 27, 2020
Hi All,

I'm trying to re-purpose my old gaming rig for my grandson, who is 12. It was running just fine.....and I was making sure I had all my old info off the HD's before wiping them.

After copying everything....I unplugged one and rebooted still with one drive plugged in...and that's when the trouble started. I got the 2 quick beeps BIOS error and no video. I replugged in the drive....same thing. I unplugged the second drive....same. According to what I can find ...2 beeps is a Parity Error

Here's what I've tried so far:

Reseated Video Card and Memory
Tried 3 differnet HD's singularly
Purchased new memory
tried a new SSD HD

Nothing has helped.

I'm a little rusty....so I'm a bit out of my element now, not having built a PC for close to 10 years. I don't want to throw good money after bad...but would LOVE to get this PC up and running for my anxious grandson!!

The Motherboard is a BIOSTAR A770E3 ver 6

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!

egda23

Prominent
Jun 14, 2020
Hi All,

I'm trying to re-purpose my old gaming rig for my grandson, who is 12. It was running just fine.....and I was making sure I had all my old info off the HD's before wiping them.

After copying everything....I unplugged one and rebooted still with one drive plugged in...and that's when the trouble started. I got the 2 quick beeps BIOS error and no video. I replugged in the drive....same thing. I unplugged the second drive....same. According to what I can find ...2 beeps is a Parity Error

Here's what I've tried so far:

Reseated Video Card and Memory
Tried 3 differnet HD's singularly
Purchased new memory
tried a new SSD HD

Nothing has helped.

I'm a little rusty....so I'm a bit out of my element now, not having built a PC for close to 10 years. I don't want to throw good money after bad...but would LOVE to get this PC up and running for my anxious grandson!!

The Motherboard is a BIOSTAR A770E3 ver 6

ANY help would be greatly appreciated!
The first thing to try is a clear CMOS.
Do you have the manual for your mobo ? It is here
https://www.biostar.com.tw/upload/Manual/Manual_new/A78XA-A3S_090903.pdf
Look on page 17 for JCMOS1: Clear CMOS Header .
The other technique, after disconnecting the power cord, is simply to remove the battery form the motherboard (the small round cell battery) for 5 to 10 min and replace it after that.
I would reconnect everything as it was, as you PC was working as I understand. A possibility is that Windows has placed boots sectors on the HDD you removed, and after that the Bios was completely lost

Sep 27, 2020
Yes....sorry.....I didn't post that, but I did Clear the CMOS and also tried replacing the battery. no luck.

Also tried reconnecting it as it was. No joy there either. ;-(

Whats frustrating is the no video......monitor never comes out of sleep mode. You can hear the HD's spin up like they normally do....then when you would typically get the one beep and it continues booting, I get the two short beeps...then nothing. NO VIDEO AT ALL.

Last edited:

egda23

Prominent
Jun 14, 2020
Yes....sorry.....I didn't post that, but I did Clear the CMOS and also tried replacing the battery. no luck.

Also tried reconnecting it as it was. No joy there either. ;-(

Whats frustrating is the no video......monitor never comes out of sleep mode. You can hear the HD's spin up like they normally do....then when you would typically get the one beep and it continues booting, I get the two short beeps...then nothing. NO VIDEO AT ALL.
So I would try to go through this troubleshooting list

Reactions: DownTownLB
Sep 27, 2020
Thanks for all your help. I ordered new memory....no luck. I different motherboard.....no luck FOR ME. Took it to a buddy who retired and opened a shop. HE got the new MB up and running! YAY!

ASK THE COMMUNITY