Question Biostar A785GE PCI-E questions

jtelep

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2008
I have a dumb question as I have never seen this before. This board either doesn’t accept PCI-e 2.0 cards or it’s just the one I have. I am building a new (old) system with this board, an Athlon X2 3800+ and 4 GB of GSkill RAM. Since I’ve put it together I cannot get either an old Geforce 7900 GS or 7900 GT to display but if I put an even older Radeon x600 in it works fine. I am trying to understand what the issue is as I‘ve gotten both of these cards to work on an old Athlon X2 6000+ without issue but this system refuses to give me any DVI output. If anyone has any suggestions I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

jtelep

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2008
Well now I'm really confused. I just tested a GeForce 1050 Ti (no excitement power requirements) and it worked just like the Radeon x600 (also no expendable power requirements). I don't think I've ever seen anything like this before. Is this unique to the board, CPU, manufacturer..? I know it's not the PSU as I've tried a couple of different ones and the one I have right now is brand new. If anyone has any ideas I would love to hear them as I am baffled. Thanks!