Question Biostar B350GT5 bricked after BIOS update

Rextus

Commendable
Aug 17, 2017
Hello everyone,

My computer started having issues after I installed a new Wi-Fi adapter. Windows would do the normal startup animation with the blue windows logo and rotating circle, then the screen either turns black (but on) or the screen goes into sleep. I tried removing the Wi-Fi adapter, with no success. I believe I updated the BIOS previously, and now the BIOS is on version b35ag314.bss. I believe the problem is the motherboard, as now the BIOS interface is all black, contrary to what it used to look like out of the box. I will try to attach a picture of it. https://prnt.sc/nbuucw

Btw my PC specs are:

Ryzen 7 1700
Biostar B350GT5 motherboard (version 5.0)
16 GB of Ripjaws 4 DDR4 RAM
GTX 1070

My question is this: can the BIOS on this motherboard be updated from a flash drive through the BIOS, and if so, how? I tried pretty much every other troubleshooting steps so I really suspect the motherboard.

Thanks a lot

Rextus

Commendable
Aug 17, 2017
Update:
I used biostar's BIOS updater to update the BIOS to b35ag305.bss, which is the lastest BIOS revision at the time of writing. However my computer still doesn't go into the OS, giving me a black screen after the windows 10 startup animation. If anyone knows how to resolve this problem please let me know.
Thanks a lot