BIOSTAR Bios-Relife

cako

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
I bricked my TP43E Combo Ver6.3 by flashing a Ver6.2 BIOS file into the chip.

I searched the net but, there was not enough information on how to use the BIOS Relife function.

If your Biostar mobo which uses AMI BIOS is bricked and you want to use the Bios Relife function, you can try these:

1- Find the correct BIOS file (From Biostar web page, or from someone who uses the exact same mobo (versions should match, too))
2- Put it into a floppy or to the root of the USB flash drive, it's name should be "AMIBOOT.ROM"
3- Remove the CMOS battery, and set the CMOS clear jumper to reset CMOS.
4- Wait a little and put the battery back in, set the jumper to its original state

5- Put the floppy in or plug the USB flash drive
6- Power on while pressing "Ctrl+Home" continuously..

Hope it works, it worked for me.

If not, try starting all over with a minimal build (only CPU, Graphics card, and one RAM stick) (Unplug all the fans including CPU fan, All SATA and IDE drives, All cables (ethernet, front USB panel cables, front Audio panel cables), all PCI cards etc...) and work your way up from there. There may be another faulty unit that is disguising under BIOS failure.

kndusr19

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
I bricked my TP43E Combo Ver6.3 by flashing a Ver6.2 BIOS file into the chip, exactly the same as you.

I backed up the original BIOS onto hard disk, but can't get to the hard disk without taking the hard disk to a working PC. I've tried in vain to find the TP43E Combo Ver6.3 BIOS but have had no luck. Any chance you can tell me where the BIOS can be found on the net, if you can email me a copy of the BIOS that would be great appreciated.

Thank You

cako

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011

No problem, reach me from gakhgit@gmail.com.

ds-frankfurt

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
It`s a shame, but I have the same problem, loaded a wrong bios version. The maninboard isn`t working any more. Any ideas where to get the official 6.3 bios version for the biostar TP43E Combo V6.3?

Many thanks in advance

kndusr19

Distinguished
Jun 2, 2011
Hi Cako and ds-frankfurt,

I wrecked two TP43E Combo 6.3 by flashing Ver6.2!

Initially I had done the bios update in windows and thought that might have wrecked it. So I emailed Biostar technical support who said the following....

Dear Sir
Thanks for using BIOSTAR product.
The 6.2 BIOS on our website is compatible with all version of TP43E Combe.
For your problem which system no display, it should be related to BIOS flash procedure error or flash tool incorrect.
Please contact with our local dealer.

So I returned it to my dealer after trying all types of suggestions on the net , including sticking putting underpants on my head and sticking pencils in my nose......but I could not revive the board!

I got my replace TP43E Combo 6.3 and decided that this time I will update the BIOS via a flash drive, outside of windows and thus minimise any chance of BIOS failure....but I was wrong, same thing happened agained, board fried!

This time I did not ask for a BIOSTAR motherboard, it is a great board, one of the best I've seen for the money, but the BIOS update needs checking out by BIOSTAR.

Thanks replying cako, I did meant to reply back, but forgot. Sorry.

Grenadianexpat

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2009

Thanks for the info cako, but maybe I am being dumb, but can you clarify a little.

I have downloaded what appears to be the latest of the BIOS flash files named ..P43CAC13.BST I also have on my currently inaccessible drive the saved version of the original BIOS.

Do you mean that the BST file is renamed?

According to the message on reboot renewing the Bios with relife should be a doddle, but I can only get as far as it Detecting CD,Floppy, or USB storage.

Although I have a floppy drive laying around I don't have another machine to copy the file onto, I have been using a CD, and a compact flash card via a usb card reader.

Mine is the TP43E, but is appears to be the same board apart from the chipset.

Regards,

cako

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2011
Hi guys,

I have sent the files to 2 friends who reached me from gakhgit@gmail.com, and I'm wondering if they have succeeded or not.

You can also mail me, I have the 6.3 version BIOS file.

@grenadianexpat - I'm not sure exactly but, the .bst files seems to be bios files. If you backed it up and the file is a 1024 Kb file, it is probably the file you want.

I repeat, I already sent to two people, I can send it to you too! It's just a few clicks, I have it in my sent box.

Cheers from Turkey!