Biostar Introduces Racing Series Motherboards For Z170, H170, B150 Chipsets

Status
Not open for further replies.
Eh, the thing is, I don't think i have ever seen a Biostar motherboard recommended or even being used by a poster on this site since I've been on here since August 2014. I really wonder who's buying these motherboards?

Of course, that's unrelated to these particular motherboards, but there definitely are reasons why Biostar is totally unpopular.

HeatherHaze

Reputable
Aug 10, 2014
This such a "me too" motherboard, it just screams notice me with its poor aesthetics. Take the look and feature set of other manufacturers and water it down to Biostars level and then ta-da this board

whassup

Reputable
May 21, 2015
Why a Motherboard needs fancy eye soaring designs ?? Make it simple, functional and quality made than giving the Motherboard artistic looks. You never going to place the naked motherboard on to showcase or in living room.

mamasan2000

Distinguished
BANNED
Why a Motherboard needs fancy eye soaring designs ?? Make it simple, functional and quality made than giving the Motherboard artistic looks. You never going to place the naked motherboard on to showcase or in living room.

What? I take my mobo everywhere. I even bathe with it. I'ts so beautiful. I just wanna look at it all the time. Selfies with me and the motherboard. Family portraits with only me and the mobo, the centerpiece on any table!

Yeah, I don't care about aesthetics much either, placement of fan headers and Sata-connectors, number of USB-headers. Don't care for anything else.

Eh, the thing is, I don't think i have ever seen a Biostar motherboard recommended or even being used by a poster on this site since I've been on here since August 2014. I really wonder who's buying these motherboards?

Of course, that's unrelated to these particular motherboards, but there definitely are reasons why Biostar is totally unpopular.

Actually, Biostar can be very underrated. They have some good boards and I do recommend them on occasion. They are not very consistent about the quality, but the same is true for the other motherboard manufacturers, especially with the lower end boards where Biostar is mostly around. Not even getting an Asus or such comes anywhere near guaranteeing a board that isn't absolute garbage.

You say this as if it's just Biostar doing this. All of the other big motherboard manufacturers make boards like this. Why are people specifically mocking Biostar about this when they aren't the only ones doing it, nor are they even the first? Furthermore, a huge portion of system builders use windowed cases specifically so people can look at the components so this is hardly surprising.

HeatherHaze is the only one here who is negative about it for a real reason. Many other motherboard companies such as MSI, Asus, and Gigabyte are offering motherboards like this that have "armor" of some sort and significant LED lighting. Unfortunately, the "me too" attitude is sometimes what many businesses need to do with changing trends among their customers, so here's Biostar doing it too.

Personally, I don't care for it, but a lot of people do.

Avus

Distinguished
Nov 2, 2001
I will choose Asus, MSI, Gigabyte, Asrock or even EVGA before I consider Biostar. Go to newegg.com and search for Intel CPU motherboard from Biostar, you will only find 5 low end models... May be they are big in Asia but definitely not popular in North America. Good luck for them...

Skunkwerx_6_Actual

Reputable
Jan 1, 2016
Biostar is some of the cheapest junk I've ever tried. I would NEVER use this on a serious build for a customer. ASUS, EVGA, Intel and Corsair for mid to high end system builds. I have over 8000 builds to date and less than .005% failure rate on Mobos using this criteria.

Mac266

Honorable
Mar 12, 2014

Corsair makes Motherboards? XD

Status
Not open for further replies.