Biostar Joins The RX500 Fray With New RX580, RX570, RX550 Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012

Basing on your statement - Did you have RX 500 series thats DOA asap by BIOSTAR or you just saying that.

dstarr3

Distinguished
I'm just saying I've experimented with a few Biostar products in the past and they've all been disasters. And I haven't really heard any indication that things have improved since then.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012

But RX 500 series has nothing do with DOA as you never tried.

artk2219

Distinguished

While i did get a good laugh out of your previous comment, I've never had the issues you're describing with biostar. They've always delivered a decent product at a decent price that I have not had any issues with (atleast not any more than I've had with Asus or Gigabyte). MSI is another story, maybe they're better now, but 5 years ago or so they made some shitty shit. I had one motherboard literally explode while running a supported chip at stock clocks, and another motherboard that just died after 2 hours of use. I still have several biostar boards that are running (one is 10 years old, another is 9, and the youngest is 4), and im looking hard at their current AMD offerings for my new build. ECS has definitely been iffy with their motherboards (especially when they were PCChips), but I've had a few ECS graphics cards that have never given me issues, one is still running after 9 years of use. Finally, I'm glad Intel got out of the consumer motherboard market, because they made some of the worst, half baked, buggy, and limited boards that I ever had the displeasure of working with.

valeman2012

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2012

Yup if you handle the computer components with care.

Status
Not open for further replies.