Biostar Launches First AMD Dragon MoBo

Status
Not open for further replies.

computerninja7823

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
For more graphical power, Biostar slapped in ATI's Radeon HD 3300, however gamers can take advantage of ATI CrossFire X technology, enabling two or more graphics processors to work together to improve system performance. The TA790GX A3+ supports up to four ATI Radeon HD graphics cards as well, and even enables ATI's Hybrid CrossFireX technology under a Windows Vista environment.

i believe that this part is messed up. enabling two or more graphics processors to work together to improve system performance. The TA790GX A3+ supports up to four ATI Radeon HD graphics cards as well, how can this support 4 graphics cards?!?! i think you mean 4 graphics CORES.

arson94

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
[citation][nom]computerninja7823[/nom]i believe that this part is messed up. enabling two or more graphics processors to work together to improve system performance. The TA790GX A3+ supports up to four ATI Radeon HD graphics cards as well, how can this support 4 graphics cards?!?! i think you mean 4 graphics CORES.[/citation]

You can put a video card in a PCI-E x1 2.0 slot. I wouldn't recommend it for performance degredation reasons, but you can do it.

arson94

Distinguished
Apr 18, 2008
Let me clarify: If the ends of the slots were open, you could put a video card in a PCI-E x1 2.0 slot. But, I doubt the ends of the slots are open so physically, no you probably couldn't put more than 2 video cards on this board. Sorry computerninja7823

computerninja7823

Distinguished
Sep 26, 2008
hey its cool arson 94...i just wanted to try and clarify things...i doubt anyone would want to put four graphics cards in a setup like that it would be wiser just to wait and see what other companies release down the road

~compninja~

rooseveltdon

Distinguished
Jan 18, 2009
well technically speaking other mobos right now have am2+ boards that sometimes support am3 however this board is specifically designed for am3 and is backward compatible with am2 and am2+ so yeah this is the first real am3 board designed to fully take advantage of the new AMD dragon technology.

doormatderek

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
only the new processors have a DDR3 memory controller. The OLDER boards are supposedly compatible with the newer processors as the newer processors have both a DDR2 and DDR3 integrated memory controller within the processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS