Biostar LGA-1151 Motherboards Target Gaming, Media Value At Computex

Status
Not open for further replies.

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
Biostar is starting to get some nice looking boards out there. The brown PCIE and Memory slots make them blend in better once the slots are populated it would be nice to see them use different colors like green to attract more customers. I have no clue how their quality is though I tend to stick with Gigabyte.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
Biostar is always having trouble finding a specific model that it wants to fit into a specific review series a specific way. I keep telling their guy to find the closest match and shove it in, we'll make it work because we like its value message. "Make it work" doesn't always qualify a brand for an award, and that's all most of these companies care about, but our greatest interest is providing readers their greatest array of options.

Biostar has come a long way, in recent years.

Perhaps with the new "skin" and marketing, they'll be seen as option for recommendation for system builders and enthusiasts, rather than the "omg its not asus or gigabyte stayawayoryoulldie" you sometimes meet.

Biostar has come a long way, in recent years.

Perhaps with the new "skin" and marketing, they'll be seen as option for recommendation for system builders and enthusiasts, rather than the "omg its not asus or gigabyte stayawayoryoulldie" you sometimes meet.

Yeah, would not be surprised. Gigabyte support is horrid. ASRock is, at this point, the best brand right now. Constantly gets awards by toms and other websites on top of being the best value option around. If Biostar can follow ASRock's footsteps, it's highly possible they can get rid of their "cheap" moniker.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
just a thought. if you want to manually focus when you cant see the screen, practice by focusing at a specific distance, and than judging how high the camera is from where you are taking the photo.

i have had to take my fair share of stupid angle pictures to learn this but its a useful skill to have.

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
ASRock had a huge display, I transferred the coverage Friday (US Friday, now Taipei Friday) but there must have been something wrong with it.

joz

Distinguished
Jun 13, 2008
Oh, Biostar. I remember thee, and thine TForce 945P-A7A. Got it at Microcenter for like, $35 open box, plugged in my E6400 and off I went on a budget! Lasted almost 8+ years before I replaced it (housed a Q6600 for a short while, until I went to an i5 a few months ago.) Ugly as sin, but at least it worked better then my dads ECS board; or the Emachine shits he liked to buy - because he's a cheapskate.

My old Core 2 Duo rig used a Biostar board, and my current secondary rig, using an A10-5800K, is using a Biostar board. They're great for everyday boards.

I haven't tried their newer stuff, but I wouldn't be surprised if they grew beyond that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS