Biostar Reveals Hi-Fi B85S3+ Motherboard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeh

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2010
Question is, is that good enough for someone to pick a Biostar MB? I certainly wouldn't mind a decent quality on-board audio, but is it really decent?

Leamon

Honorable
Jan 22, 2013
I bought a Biostar A85X. I was hugely under-impressed, especially by the BIOS. If you compare it to my MSI GD65, they're just not even on the same level.

jtd871

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2012
For a moment, I thought somebody was resurrecting the AMD Live Maui concept, which I have been a lot intrigued by, of an onboard amplifier powerful enough to drive 5.1 or 7.1 speakers...

jesh4622

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2011
Biostar used to make some great quality high end stuff. I'm not sure where they have gone recently, but if the board is supposed to be high quality, I'd give them the benefit of the doubt, and possibly my monies.

artk2219

Distinguished
Biostar still makes great products, I've owned and built systems for others with several of their boards and never hesitate to recommend them as an option. MSI on the other hand I definitely shy away from, having 2 motherboards blow themselves up with chips they could supposedly handle at stock clocks and voltage, and having another 2 others that just randomly blue screen has definitely put a damper on my view of them. Never had that sort of issue with biostar though. Thats not to say I've never had to rma a biostar board, they've just been few and far between and their RMA service was top notch.

vinay2070

Distinguished
Nov 27, 2011
I have used an Intel (Pentium 100 @ 110 MHz), gigabyte (AMD Duron), MSI (Athlon XP), ASUS (Athlon XP), ABIT (E8400 @ 4.1), Asrock(3570K @ 4.5). And and I have never RMAed any boards till date!

artk2219

Distinguished

Thats cool, I've had to RMA Gigabyte, Asus, MSI, Abit, and Asrock boards for systems I've built for myself and others in the past. I've got a Z77 board that I'm waiting to get back from Gigabyte currently. I'm not saying that any of those brands were bad at all, I have a warm place in my heart for Abit since they're gone, but MSI I still wont touch with a stick. I am saying that everyone has issues now and again, and my experience with Biostar is that they're no less reliable than any of those other brands, and you can get a heck of a deal with their boards sometimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS