BioStar & Southbridge cause BSOD after DCPROMO

JoeZ34

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
Hi.. I am working on a NON-Standard configuration here and need some help.

I have a BioStar TA790GXE motherboard coupled to an AMD Phenom x3 and Corsair memory. (Southbridge 750) chipset

I am trying to install 2008 R2 x64 but I am having some issues with RAID.

I have four 500gb drives in a RAID 10 configuration, and everything works great until I DCPROMO the server.

---------------------------
After running dcpromo and the required reboot, i get:
STOP: c00002e2 Directory Services could not start because of the following error:
A device attached to the system is not functioning.

Error Status: 0xc0000001.
Please shutdown this system and reboot into Directory Services Restore Mode, check the event log for more detailed information
----------------------------

I have searched the internets and all signs point to the Sata-Raid driver from AMD causing the issue.

If the drives are configured as ACHI everything works fine, but then I can't use the bios supported RAID.

Has anyone had any success in getting a SB750 chipset to run Raid on 2008 R2 X64 as a Domain Controller?

Any help would be appreciated!
Thank You,
Joe

korsis

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2010

I am having this identical problem. I am trying to use the TA790GXE Biostar motherboard for a domain controller as well. I can get it to boot up with RAID hard drives and run with other server roles. but as soon as i DCPROMO the server. I get stuck with the same BSOD you show here.

If i find a solution I will let you know. Please let me know if you come up with one.

Robert

JoeZ34

Distinguished
Feb 19, 2010
I was still unsucessfull at fixing this error...
My workaround was to have a stand alone drive as the boot/OS drive and then make a 3 disk raid 5 volume for my data.

-Joe