Biostar ta970 ver.5.2 motherboard problems

drkjstr

Prominent
Oct 24, 2017
Hello all I got my hands on a free computer that has a biostar ta970 ver.5.2 motherboard with a amd fx6300 cpu 8 gb of ddr3 ram and a asus r7250 gpu and a 650 watt psu the motherboard looks very clean it smells like cigarette smoke the fans in the case and cpu cooler or covered in dust so it has run but not sure if it did with the motherboard or not. My problem is that when power it on it goes to the first screen where it says manufacturer and other info like cpu ram keyboard hdd and so one (this is not the bios) then on the bottom it says cmos error press del for setup well I hit del and nothing happens so I hit f12 that is the key for the bios nothing so I turn it off and back on samething nothing so again I try I hit del or f12 but this time I get a black screen with a small white line top left corner it does not go past that screen on matter if I hit del or f12. So again power off back on ither first screen oresolution black screen and very rearly it goes into a bios setup screen that if I remember right it says pick version but there are no choices to pick from. How do I fix this or is the board dead it did not come with a harddrive so I am trying to use my cloned one with it. Do I need to hunt down the latest version of the bios for the motherboard

Solution
First of all, your post is difficult to read. I hate to be "that guy", but periods and paragraphs, please. It'll make it easier for us to help you.

Regarding your issue, if it were me, I'd have removed the components from the board, dusted them off, redone the thermal paste on the CPU, do a cursory check of the interior of the case, put everything back together, reset the bios using the on-board jumper, and tried powering it on.

Either way, you should first do this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

I've used Biostar boards in the past, they aren't exactly built to last.

tacgnol06

Honorable
Oct 18, 2015
First of all, your post is difficult to read. I hate to be "that guy", but periods and paragraphs, please. It'll make it easier for us to help you.

Regarding your issue, if it were me, I'd have removed the components from the board, dusted them off, redone the thermal paste on the CPU, do a cursory check of the interior of the case, put everything back together, reset the bios using the on-board jumper, and tried powering it on.

Either way, you should first do this:

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/261145-31-perform-steps-posting-post-boot-video-problems

I've used Biostar boards in the past, they aren't exactly built to last.

Solution