Biostar TA990FXE and Gskill Model F3-1866C10D-16GSR

ckaramas

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
There was a sale on another site where these products were very good together, the problem is they don't like each other. Supposedly, they are all good with one another:

Sorry, we do not have that specific model from Gskill to test, we have traded our products with Gskill to see if their memory can run with our motherboard. Please contact Gskill for assistance.

support@biostar-usa.com
626-581-1055 menu select 2

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 5:04 PM
To: Support
Subject: Re: << BIOSTAR Technical Support Request FORM >>

LOOK TOOLBAG,, RUN MY RAM

To: 'chris karamas' <ckaramas@yahoo.com>
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 8:00 PM
Subject: RE: << BIOSTAR Technical Support Request FORM >>

See attached pictures, can work as 1866 speed. However your case may not be specific to the configuration we have as memory manufacturers keeps changing. Recommend that you contact Gskill for assistance.

support@biostar-usa.com

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by reply email and destroy all copies of the original message.

Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 4:44 PM
To: Support

DONT EVER EMAIL ME BACK WITH A IT SHOULD WORK. ITS WORKS OR IT DOESN'T...

To: Support <support@biostar-usa.com>
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 7:43 PM

2 sticks and it won't run @ the 10-11-10-30 t2 timings from the G.Skill website model F3-1866C10D-16GSR. TRY IT YOUR SELF BEFORE EMAILING ME BACK

To: ckaramas@yahoo.com
Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 7:20 PM
Subject: RE: << BIOSTAR Technical Support Request FORM >>

2 Sticks of memory should be able to run at 1866 with a FX processor. However if you try to run with 4 sticks of memory then is not guaranteed to work, will depend of the processor will work with that memory speed or not. Did you check voltage for memory or contacted Gskill for assistance?

support@biostar-usa.com

Sent: Monday, February 18, 2013 3:51 PM
To: support@biostar-usa.com
Subject: << BIOSTAR Technical Support Request FORM >>

=================================================
Question:
I get post code 5d when trying to run my G.Skill f3-1866c10d-16gsr ran @ 1866. I have manually set the times on both sticks. I have tried running the ram @ 1866 with timng auto. NOTHING WORKS, there are MANY Newegg customers that are having the same issue. HELP
Email:
ckaramas@yahoo.com
Type / Model / BIOS / PCB:
Motherboard / TA990FXE / 99FAD905.BST / 5.0
windows 7
Name / Country / Local Dealer:
chris karamas / USA /
CPU:
amd FX 8350 4.0 hz
Memory / Speed & Size:
/
VGA Brand / Model:

HDD / Size:
/
Power Supply:

Other Device:

I have tried the correct timings, the non-amd xmp timings, the cpu-z timings. I've boosted all my volted a smudge at a time, Reboot, pull the jumper(MAKE THE JUMP RESET A SWITCH ALREADY AGHHAHHAHAHAHYHA), flip the jumper, reboot.

IT DOESN'T work

if anyone has a ta990fxe with the 2 pack Gskill Model F3-1866C10D-16GSR, under a fx8350 proccessor and you can get it to work@1866. POST ALL YOUR TIMINGS

because your a ******* hero NOONE CAN GET IT TO RUN.

and what is this image saying
2z8163p.gif
no amd can run more that 1 stick @ 1600!?!?!?!?!? i got that from support, and no i didn't sign a NDA despite what the emails tell you, there is nothing private here, its just them hoping they don't get bad press.

please dont send those type of emails to tech support reps most of these guys your email are just level one tech that reading info from a book. if your error falls off there guild book they have to wing it or try and get a level 2 or and eng involved. most of the ram you see today is mostly made for intel mb and there xmp profile. most intel 1600 and faster ram in an amd mb is going to default to 1333 speed. myself i find a local store that sold this ram (micro center or one with a return policy).
http://www.crucial.com/store/mpartspecs.aspx?mtbpoid=4BBC9257A5CA7304
install this brand that says from the ram vendor web page that it should work at 1600 speed. when your a computer tech you have a little notebook in your desk and you keep a cheat sheet. when you find memory that wont work in brand a motherboard when you have someone come in and ask for brand a mb and brand a ram and you know they wont work you can tell them you had issue with brand a mb and that ram. you can also make nice posting and say online that i have brand a ram made week xxx and brand a mb with bios xxx they post at x speed but lock up or wont post at there rated speed. make you look a lot better..also call the mb vendor ask for contact info for product eng...qa support. these guys are the ones that get to test product mb and bios with 3 party hardware. they can tell you if a new bios to fix your issue is dropping or if they found out the ram vendor changed the chips on there ram after xx week and there an issue between that ram and there mb. when you keep a cool head and ask for the right people you can find out real quick if a..company tech support/eng are going to fix the bug..B the company has no tech support to help people...and you should run from that brand. I dont recommend gskill ram to any of people that want me to build a system even if it saves them 10.00. I got a new asus sabertooth and some 16g kit from gskills found out the ram kit would only work with 2 sticks. got an rma and sent the sticks back with a letter in the box to the rma dept that the same ram wont work on my asus mb..game them there part number for the other kit. 2 weeks latter got the same ram kit back.
called up gskills talked to a level 2 rep ask them how they could screwed up so bad when the case notes and letter were in the shipping box. got the run around with ram vendor and just had them refund me the full amount of the ram and shipping costs. wont buy there ram again for bad customer service. if your product is under 30 day you can send it back for refund from where you got the product from and buy another vendor mb.

ckaramas

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013
Must have been that 1 tap that spit out those 5000 million wrong dyes?!?! Wait I didn't here about amd printing any crappy dies.. aleast not on purpose.

Dear Customer

This is a case of compatibility, we will try what we can to solve your case. We know the TA990FXE can work at 1866 memory speed, but we find not all components work in the same way even if they say the timing is the same.

1. Hopefully Gskill can provide some insight to the situation. If not we hope GSkill can provide the memory for us to evaluate.
2. If GSkill is not able to provide sample, we may need to ask you for your memory part for us to check.

Based on your situation, there is a good chance the problem may be the processor itself. We recommend that you try different processor to see if it’s the processor that is not able to run at 1866.

so RMA my new 8350, that *** came in a tin can like a cookie, and its a ******* pressed piece of metal. i would forget biostar after this. this is there only 990fx amd board. They flat out admitted it's there top of the line AMD board that can't hang, its not my 8350 dye press. all 8350's can run @ 1866

remember i only have 2 sticks

you just missed the whole post from biostar. these mb vendors when they get the final chip spec from intel and then the grab most if not all ram modules that are on the market at the time there building there mb. the vendor qa eng dept look for quirks and bugs with there mb and ram. most time they can be fixed with bios updates. the issue is once the board goes out of the qa dept and goes to retail..the qa dept is left out of the loop unless a high number of mb start coming back. intel and other mb vendor can update the bios as quickly as new hardware is dropped in real life. that why most vendor have small qa ram list that are months old. the mb vendor is saying they need to get a set of the same ram stick to do a qa testing to see if there an issue with there mb or the bios. may take a week...could be more. as i posted before your better off switching ram sticks out..and right now to make a stable system pick up stock 1600 ram. if you want try for 1800 ram speed then try another brand of faster ram. I had chipset and mb that i wish i could use faster ram...but were unstable..as i posted you can return everything...start with a new build...or as a tech know that your ram and mb has an issue and try another brand or use ram at a stock stable speed.

ckaramas

Honorable
Feb 18, 2013

i'll wait, the ram runs fine @1600, memtest ok. I haven't head back from gskill or biostar as to why it won't run @1866. it will run the 1866 timing @1600 but thats w/e.

thanks for the wordy response, i picked it all up.

TRENDING THREADS